[alt.drugs] Explination

mading@puff.UUCP (11/04/87)

What I mean is that I will PROBABLY outlive those that do drugs.  The
Soviet Union could decide to nuke Madison tonight and I would be dead
and most net.readers would still be alive.

Remember, I am also younger than most readers on the net.  I am 22 years
old while many netters are in their late 20's to early 60's.  Because
you are older than me, you will probably die before me and that means
I will probably outlive you.  That has nothing to do with drugs.

Eric Mading.

dow@maine.bitnet.UUCP (11/05/87)

In article <1210@puff.wisc.edu>, mading@puff.wisc.edu (Eric Mading) says:

>What I mean is that I will PROBABLY outlive those that do drugs.  The
>Soviet Union could decide to nuke Madison tonight and I would be dead
>and most net.readers would still be alive.
>
>Remember, I am also younger than most readers on the net.  I am 22 years
>old while many netters are in their late 20's to early 60's.  Because
>you are older than me, you will probably die before me and that means
>I will probably outlive you.  That has nothing to do with drugs.
>
>Eric Mading.

For CHRISSAKE, ERIC!!!!! Get a fucking clue!  You can't say one thing
one moment and then go and say, "Oh, what I *really* meant was...".
It shows you to be very weak in your opinions, as well as uninformed.
If you want to be respected more and flamed less, at least stand up
for what you say.  If you say something, then make sure that it
is worded correctly!  The ploy about "i really meant x, you just
took it to be y" holds no water...  I have a clue somewhere around here
for you, if you like.

Michael Dow

oconnor@sunray.UUCP (11/05/87)

In article <1210@puff.wisc.edu> mading@puff.wisc.edu (Eric Mading) writes:
-]
-]What I mean is that I will PROBABLY outlive those that do drugs.  The
-]Soviet Union could decide to nuke Madison tonight and I would be dead
-]and most net.readers would still be alive.
-]
-]Remember, I am also younger than most readers on the net.  I am 22 years
								 ^^??
-]old while many netters are in their late 20's to early 60's.  Because
-]you are older than me, you will probably die before me and that means
-]I will probably outlive you.  That has nothing to do with drugs.
-]
-]Eric Mading.

Eric, is it your age that makes you a person of such dimished caliber?
And surely, 22 is a typo, surely you meant 12. As in months. But Eric,
you are wrong, you won't outlive anyone on the net. Consider :

1. AI programs tend to not last very long. Especially failed ones.
2. AI programs aren't alive to begin with. They can't "outlive".
3. Even if you weren't an AI program, you don't have enough
   intelligence to survive long once off your parent's support.
4. You can't "outlive" anyone, you don't know how to live, much less
   outlive. ( "Outlive" as in "This is LIVING!!" )
5. Your such a fool and an ass, you'll probably die young (like,
   before your 15th birthday ). Some drug-crazed on-the-dole aethiest
   hedonistic philandering homosexual communist dwarf anti-christ will
   probably kill you after abducting, robbing and raping you.
6. If you ever marry, your wife will have you off'd. Only a sociopath
   bent on collecting the insurance money would marry you.
7. If anyone with a Nuke learns about you, they WILL nuke Madison.
   As a service to intelligent life throughout the universe.
8. Even if you outlived everyone on the net, no one would care.
   After all, lots of other inanimate objects will be here when
   all the netters are gone. So what?

So why am I talking to a ambulatory bell jar anyway?

--
	Dennis O'Connor 	oconnor@sungoddess.steinmetz.UUCP ??
				ARPA: OCONNORDM@ge-crd.arpa

c60c-1aw@web5h.berkeley.edu.UUCP (11/06/87)

Eric, If your comment on outliving all of us was not related to drugs,
Why the hell did you include it?
What was its point?

Mike