[alt.drugs] Blue Star Tattoos

mading@puff.UUCP (11/07/87)

In article <2061@mhuxt.UUCP>, pfoley@mhuxt.UUCP (Pam Foley) writes:
> A Blue Star Tattoo warning just turned up on
> one of the bulletin boards at Bell Labs. It
> was on the letterhead of the New Providence
> Police Department, so I called them to check
> it out. They told me that they had indeed
> sent it out and that there had been cases in
> this area.

And you said this was some hoax, an urban legend.  Well, I told you
so.

I would just like to say that there may be some truth to the Contra-
coke connection.  Maybe Reagan's War on Drugs was a coverup for the
illegal activities going on in Nicaragua.  I would really trust
Nancy Reagan more about drugs (or anything) than Ronald Reagan.  That's
because Ronnie is too fucking senile to run this country, and Nancy is
healthier than Ron, even after her breast cancer surgery.

Many people have reason to disbelieve what the government tells them.
The drug problem really started about the time of Watergate, when the
American people learned that their gov't could lie to them.  Then after
some research, some people uncovered the real reason for the drug laws.
Actually, drug use began to increase around 1961, after the Bay of Pigs
fiasco.  During Vietnam, it increased further.  By 1974, the USA had a
drug problem.  During the late 1970's, when many cities relaxed laws
governing posession of marijuana, the drug problem declined.  In the
early 1980's, drug use declined and the problem of drug abuse hit a
low point until the football players strike of 1982, when it was revealed
that some professional athletes had snorted cocaine.  Since then, the
problem with drugs has been increasing, and is still increasing today.

I'm not saying that drug laws are bad, what we need is to get Ronnie
out of office.  If Gary Hart hadn't gotten too horny and screwed
Donna Rice, he might have gotten elected to the White House in 1988
and pushed drug legalization bills through Congress.  But there is
no presidential canidate that will advacate legalization; George
McGovern advocated relaxing the marijuana laws when he ran for president
in 1972, but I believe he was the only presidential canidate to advocate
legal drugs since Roosevelt advocated the repeal of Prohibition in 1933.

Eric Mading

You know the rest.

richard@gryphon.UUCP (11/09/87)

In article <1231@puff.wisc.edu> mading@puff.wisc.edu (Eric Mading) writes:

[nice analysis of the Reagan's, deleted]

[Interesting and amusing history as to WHY drugs are illegal - deleted]

>I'm not saying that drug laws are bad, what we need is to get Ronnie
>out of office.  If Gary Hart hadn't gotten too horny and screwed
>Donna Rice, he might have gotten elected to the White House in 1988
>and pushed drug legalization bills through Congress.  But there is
>no presidential canidate that will advacate legalization; George
>McGovern advocated relaxing the marijuana laws when he ran for president
>in 1972, but I believe he was the only presidential canidate to advocate
>legal drugs since Roosevelt advocated the repeal of Prohibition in 1933.

George McGovern ? "Eric" shouldn't know anything about this. Could this
be the bug that gives him/her/it away.

I think we've all been taken.

>Eric Mading
>
>You know the rest.

Yeah, you're not an AI program. Right.
--
Richard J. Sexton
INTERNET:     richard@gryphon.CTS.COM

"It's too dark to put the keys in my ignition..."