[alt.drugs] Jacking up yer brain for fun and profit

erict@flatline.UUCP (eric townsend) (02/10/88)

In article <4158@sigi.Colorado.EDU>, kessner@tramp.Colorado.EDU (Eric M. Kessner, K.S.C.) writes:
> Hardware Note:  A few years ago Omni has an article about lucid dreaming, and
> mentioned a hardware device for invoking lucid dreams.  It recognized when you
> went into r.e.m. state & gave you four very weak shocks on the wrist (to mean:
> this is a dream).  Has anybody heard anything about these or other devices?
> Eric Kessner

Yeah...Check _High_Frontiers_ or the book _Megabrain_.  (This year's
_H._F._ is out...)  There are usually ads in H.F. for 'brain stimulators'
of various types.  Some generate alpha & theta waves, others are merely
glorified biofeedback machines.

_Megabrain_, by a person whose names eludes me at this moment, is
a good look at various methods that supposedly can be used to increase
intellegence -- including machines that stimulate waves for the brain.
--
Ratings stickers on music releases: Just Say "No". | Another journalist with
If I wish really hard, will IBM go away forever?   | too much computing power.