[alt.drugs] Just say "Yup, he's an idiot"

marco@andromeda.rutgers.edu (the wharf rat) (02/18/88)

In article <120@ucrmath.UUCP> marek@ucrmath.UUCP (Marek Chrobak) writes:
>[...] You seem to feel this urge to insult and destroy anyone who
>thinks different than you do. It is very easy to call somebody names,
>it is much more difficult to prove one's point.

	Hey, look here, chump, this is ALT.FLAME !!  it's FOR FLAMING HOPELESS
TURKEYS like YOU and PETE-WHATS-HIS-NAME !!  And I only feel the urge to insult
and destroy uptight constipated right-wing jackasses, and people who feel
sorry for them.  And if you think it's *easy* calling people names, why
don't you TRY it, instead of mincing around playing pattycake with the rest
of the net.mealy-mouths ??

>  And your reasoning is even more naive than Pete's:

	Yeah ??  How's this: If you tell kids that marijuana will destroy
them, then tell them that PCP will destroy them, and they've seen their
older siblings smoke pot, and maybe even tried it themselves, when some
pusher comes up and says "Here, try this." what do *you* think is gonna
happen ?  "Awww, gee, no thanks, Mr. Pusher, they told me that stuff's
bad for you ...".  Foooey.  A little truth goes a long way in this life.

> how many drug users actually work on an assembly line?

	Reckon you'd be surprised.  Maybe if you had any idea of how the
world REALLY worked, you wouldn't be so complacent in your little white-bread
fantasy.

> I, myself, regard posting insults on the net as a cowardice. you don't know
> the person you are insulting, and it is most unlikely you will even met
> him/her.

	Oh, so now I'm a coward, huh ?  Tell ya what, mail me your phone
number and I'll call you up and tell you you're a schmuck.  Or is this
one of those Good Old Fashioned "Let's step outside, Mister, and settle this
like Men" numbers ?  Phooey.  Real John Wayne, ain't ya ?   And far as
not meeting anyone, I'll remember that the next time I go to a trade show,
or send out resumes (ps- anyone looking for an good software engineer ? :-).
Heck, if I had a gun for every time someone's walked up to me and said
"Hey, so *you're* wharf rat", why, I could arm a town the size of Abilene.

						Don't ya let that deal go down !

							the wharf rat

ps - >You would not dare to say the same in direct face to face contact.
     >But you, mr 'the wharf rat' not only do this, but you do not have even
     >decency to sign your posting with your name.

	Sure I would.  How about we do lunch someday ?   And I've got news
for you.  "wharf rat" *is* my name.  See, everyone said I'd come to no good,
but I got up and flew away.  Understand ?  Nahh, I didn't think so...

In article <413@galaxy> marco@andromeda.UUCP (the wharf rat) writes:

>	Hey, look here, chump, this is ALT.FLAME !!  it's FOR FLAMING HOPELESS
>TURKEYS like YOU and PETE-WHATS-HIS-NAME !!  And I only feel the urge to insult
                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                         Grunion

--
  "My life is changing in so many ways, I don't know who to trust any more"
                          richard@gryphon.CTS.COM

marek@ucrmath.UUCP (Marek Chrobak) (02/22/88)

In article <413@galaxy>, marco@andromeda.rutgers.edu (the wharf rat) writes:
> In article <120@ucrmath.UUCP> marek@ucrmath.UUCP (Marek Chrobak) writes:
> >[...] You seem to feel this urge to insult and destroy anyone who
> 	Hey, look here, chump, this is ALT.FLAME !!

  Not quite. You may be not aware of this, but your postings are also
posted in alt.drugs. I don't read alt.flame, it's too boring.

>            it's FOR FLAMING HOPELESS TURKEYS like YOU

    Thank you, sir. I guess you must have a book full of similar expressions,
and you chose something as innocent as flaming hopeless turkey. Of all the
bad names you could have called me ! That's indeed very nice of you.

Now about drugs:

> 	Yeah ??  How's this: If you tell kids that marijuana will destroy
> them, then tell them that PCP will destroy them, and they've seen their
> older siblings smoke pot, and maybe even tried it themselves, when some
> pusher comes up and says "Here, try this." what do *you* think is gonna
> happen ?  "Awww, gee, no thanks, Mr. Pusher, they told me that stuff's
> bad for you ...".

   You are not the only person which touches this point, and I have never
said that teaching that all drugs is instant death is good. But I do not
still understand why teaching them that pot is ok but PCP not might help.
You write yourself that they try pot though they are said it's bad. Why
should not they try PCP when they are said not to. My point was that you
oversimplify the problem, even though you say the same about Pete's
posting. Or at least this is what I was able to deduce from your article.

> > I, myself, regard posting insults on the net as a cowardice. you don't know
> > the person you are insulting, and it is most unlikely you will even met
> > him/her.

> 	Oh, so now I'm a coward, huh ?  Tell ya what, mail me your phone
> number and I'll call you up and tell you you're a schmuck.

   Sorry to say this, but I indeed think that you are. And I am pretty
sure that you will call me just to show that you are not. Oh - ok, my
number is (714) 787 3769. Enjoy.

> ps - >You would not dare to say the same in direct face to face contact.
>      >But you, mr 'the wharf rat' not only do this, but you do not have even
>      >decency to sign your posting with your name.
>
> 	Sure I would.  How about we do lunch someday ?

No, thank you sir. I am afraid I would not help vomiting.

Marek