[alt.drugs] info needed for homegrown....

thomson@cs.utah.edu (Rich Thomson) (01/19/90)

In article <Jan.18.13.16.19.1990.6180@elbereth.rutgers.edu>
    shahidi@elbereth.rutgers.edu (ramin shahidi) writes:
>Hello, I need some advice and information on growing my own marijuana.

In article <25B64464.1442@paris.ics.uci.edu> honig@ics.uci.edu
    (David A. Honig) writes:
=First, you'll need a brain.  That's eeleegal, see.

In article <130459@sun.Eng.Sun.COM> williamt@sun.UUCP
    (William A. Turnbow) writes:
:	You are assuming that he is going to grow it while at rutgers.  Since
:we are all law abiding citizens here, you could assume he is planning
:to do the growing in Alaska, where it is still legal to grow your own.

Judging from the original poster's name, I'd guess that he is of East
Indian linneage, where it is also legal (in some portions) to grow
marijuana.  It is available in government shops.

I believe the poster can find this kind of information in magazines
available at most reasonable newsstands.  Check out _High Times_ magazine,
or _Sinsemilla Tips_ magazine.  The latter is, I believe, more oriented
towards growers, while HT is oriented towards growers, consumers and other
interested parties.

Regarding illegality, those new to the net should realize that a complete
feed of the USENET traffic is fed to the NSA (FBI too?) every week on
magnetic tape.  They buy the tape from uunet, a public access site.  Since
you have most certainly distinguished yourself enough to be identifiable to
the relevant authorities, you should be careful.  Especially after the rash
of raids by FBI types on suppliers of growing equipment who advertized in
High Times.

For all you lurkers out there who are thinking of similar questions which
could incriminate yourself, consider posting anonymously through a third
party (I will be glad to post for you as is my good friend John Berryhill
berryh@udel.edu)

						-- Rich
Rich Thomson	thomson@cs.utah.edu  {bellcore,hplabs,uunet}!utah-cs!thomson
	  More Colombians are killed by American cigarettes
		 than Americans by Colombian cocaine

shahidi@elbereth.rutgers.edu (ramin shahidi) (01/19/90)

Hello, I need some advice and information on growing my own marijuana.

I am a first-time grower.

Please email all responses to

shahidi@cancer.rutgers.edu

thank You

-- Remember, no matter where you go, there you are....---

				Buckaroo Banzai in the 25th century

honig@ics.uci.edu (David A. Honig) (01/19/90)

In article <Jan.18.13.16.19.1990.6180@elbereth.rutgers.edu> shahidi@elbereth.rutgers.edu (ramin shahidi) writes:

>Hello, I need some advice and information on growing my own marijuana.

First, you'll need a brain.  That's eeleegal, see.

>I am a first-time grower.

No doubt.

--
David A. Honig
"Anyone who considers arithmetical methods of producing random digits

williamt@athena1.Sun.COM (William A. Turnbow) (01/19/90)

--------------
	You are assuming that he is going to grow it while at rutgers.  Since
we are all law abiding citizens here, you could assume he is planning
to do the growing in Alaska, where it is still legal to grow your own.

	My knowledge on the matter though is pretty slim.  I would just
plant the seeds like normal plants and give them lotsa TLC so they will
give you lotsa THC later :-).

-wat-

   --- An it harm none, do what you will.
***    Remember to VOTE YES to talk.religion.pagan (moderated).   ***
***             Send your vote To: olorin@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu      ***

news@bbn.COM (News system owner ID) (01/19/90)

From: cosell@bbn.com (Bernie Cosell)

In article <1990Jan18.175335.6478@hellgate.utah.edu> thomson@cs.utah.edu (Rich Thomson) writes:
} Regarding illegality, those new to the net should realize that a complete
} feed of the USENET traffic is fed to the NSA (FBI too?) every week on
} magnetic tape.  They buy the tape from uunet, a public access site.  Since
} you have most certainly distinguished yourself enough to be identifiable to
} the relevant authorities, you should be careful.  Especially after the rash
} of raids by FBI types on suppliers of growing equipment who advertized in
} High Times.

Rick adams is the sysadmin at uunet... /bernie\

} From: rick@uunet.UU.NET (Rick Adams)
} Newsgroups: sci.crypt,misc.legal
} Subject: Re: Interception of E-Mail by spies
} Date: 14 Jan 90 22:43:10 GMT
}
} In article <1431@umigw.MIAMI.EDU>, aem@mthvax.cs.miami.edu (a.e.mossberg) writes:
} > As for USENET, it's a *well known fact* (WKF) that uunet supplies tapes
} > of USENET postings to the FBI....
}
} Yet another well know fact that is wrong...

thomson@cs.utah.edu (Rich Thomson) (01/20/90)

Just to clarify things a little further regarding the dangers of making
possibly incriminating postings (I don't think it's obvious):

In article <51127@bbn.COM> cosell@bbn.com (Bernie Cosell) wrote:
>Rick adams is the sysadmin at uunet... /bernie\

>} From: rick@uunet.UU.NET (Rick Adams)
>} Date: 14 Jan 90 22:43:10 GMT
>}
>} In article <1431@umigw.MIAMI.EDU>, aem@mthvax.cs.miami.edu
	(a.e.mossberg) writes:
>} > As for USENET, it's a *well known fact* (WKF) that uunet supplies tapes
>} > of USENET postings to the FBI....
>}
>} Yet another well know fact that is wrong...

I talked with Berni after seeing this message that he posted and we arrived
at the mutual conclusion that although uunet may not be sending a tape to
the government types, that does not preclude the government from receiving
a full tape of the USENET feed as is so often reported by net.people.

Caution would dictate that if you feel the slightest possibility that you
could be incriminated by something you want to say in alt.drugs that you
use one of the anonymous posters available (myself and John Berryhill
berryh@udel.edu, among others).