[comp.ai.neural-nets] refs. for stochastic relaxation

rmdubash@sun2.cs.uh.edu (08/06/88)

I am currently working on stochastic relaxation and relaxation algorithms for
finely grained  parallel  architectures.  In particular, I am  studying their
implementation on neural and connectionist models, with emphasis on  inherent
fault tolerance property of such implementations.

I will be grateful if any of you can provide me with pointers, references etc.
on this ( or related ) topics.

Thanks.

Rumi Dubash, Computer Science, Univ. of Houston,
Internet : rmdubash@sun2.cs.uh.edu
U.S.Mail : R.M.Dubash, Computer Science Dept., Univ. of Houston,

manj@brand.usc.edu (B. S. Manjunath) (08/07/88)

In article <824@uhnix1.uh.edu> rmdubash@sun2.cs.uh.edu () writes:
>I am currently working on stochastic relaxation and relaxation algorithms for
>finely grained  parallel  architectures.  In particular, I am  studying their
>implementation on neural and connectionist models, with emphasis on  inherent
>fault tolerance property of such implementations.
>
>I will be grateful if any of you can provide me with pointers, references etc.
>on this ( or related ) topics.

>Rumi Dubash, Computer Science, Univ. of Houston,

 Geman and Geman (1984) is an excellent paper to start with. It also
contains lot of refernces. The paper mainly deals with Markov Random Fields
and applications to image processing.

S.Geman and D.Geman,"Stochastic relaxation, Gibbs distributions and
the bayesian restoration of images", IEEE trans. on pattern analysis
and machine intelligence", PAMI-6,Nov 1984, pp. 721-742.

Another reference that I feel might be useful is Marroquin,J.L.
Ph. D Thesis "Probabilistic solution of Inverse problems",
M.I.T. 1985.

bs manjunath.