[comp.ai.neural-nets] music applications of neural nets

falkg@vaxa.UCalgary.CA (Geoffrey Falk) (06/05/89)

Hello... I have not been using this facility for very long so I hope you
will bear with me.

Recently an article was posted, requesting information re. Kohonen's use
of a neural network which could compose music and/or harmonize.  The poster
requested replies via mail.  I would also be interested in any information
and/or references with regard to this.

Thank you.

Geoffrey Falk
Student, Univ. of Calgary

dulimart@cpsvax.cps.msu.edu (Hansye S. Dulimarta) (06/07/89)

Newsgroups: comp.ai.neural-nets
Subject: Re: music applications of neural nets

In article <1474@cs-spool.calgary.UUCP> falkg@vaxa.UCalgary.CA (Geoffrey Falk)
writes:
>Recently an article was posted, requesting information re. Kohonen's use
>of a neural network which could compose music and/or harmonize.  The poster
>requested replies via mail.  I would also be interested in any information
>and/or references with regard to this.
>
>Thank you.
>
>Geoffrey Falk

I found another article related to this issue in newsgroup alt.music /
alt.emusic (I'm not sure which on is it). I was posted last week.
I'm also intereseted in this particular use of neural networks.
Should anybody have useful information for us, please post it in the
net. We will appreciate that.

Hans. CS student of MSU.