[net.music] Old QUEEN tracks wanted

snoopy@ecrcvax.UUCP (Sebastian Schmitz) (02/25/86)

Expires:

Hello,

as an avid QUEEN fan, I am looking for some old tracks.

I am especially interested in tracks by Larry Lurex, which was
Freddie Mercury's alias before he joined QUEEN.

I would like to know, if there is anywhere, where I can buy the
records or if someone out there will let me tape some.

I do have most of the old SMILE tracks (Brian May/Roger Taylor)
on the "GETTIN' SMILE" album (this was a re-release, mostly
mono).

Any other pointers to obscure pieces of music
composed/performed by any of the group members is highly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Seb
--
There are three types of people:

- those who make things happen
- those who watch things happening
- and those who wonder what happened

...\!mcvax\!unido\!ecrcvax\!snoopy /* N.B. valid csh address */

zzz@mit-eddie.UUCP (Mike Konopik) (02/28/86)

Speaking of Queen, does anybody have a review of the album Brian May
did with a bunch of his other guitarist friends in CA about 2 or 3 years
ago?  I was going to buy it, but I'm always skeptical about buying music
to which I've never listened...
Danke.
--

				-Mike

genrad!mit-eddie!zzz  (UUCP)    ZZZ%MIT-OZ@MIT-MC  (ARPA)

abc@nott-cs.UUCP (Andy Cheese) (03/06/86)

In article <1113@mit-eddie.UUCP> zzz@mit-eddie.UUCP writes:
>Speaking of Queen, does anybody have a review of the album Brian May
>did with a bunch of his other guitarist friends in CA about 2 or 3 years
>ago?  I was going to buy it, but I'm always skeptical about buying music
>to which I've never listened...
>Danke.
>--
>
>				-Mike
>
>genrad!mit-eddie!zzz  (UUCP)    ZZZ%MIT-OZ@MIT-MC  (ARPA)

I have heard it and it's really excellent. he did make the album with eddie
van halen, the one side is taken up with a blues break.

--
Andy Cheese