[comp.ai.neural-nets] Book on Neural Nets

bms6x@uvacs.cs.virginia.edu (Brad M. Segal) (12/05/89)

This was probably talked about already, but I was listening to National
Public Radio a couple weeks ago and they did a review on
a new book that had been recently published concerning the research
into Neural Nets. They did a piece on NETTALK (sp?), etc., but I can`t
remember the author or the name of the book! Someone must know out
there. Thanks in advance.

Brad Segal                   "I'm goin' home... Baby doncha wanna' go
University of Virginia        I'm goin' home... Baby doncha wanna' go
Dept. of Computer Science     Back to that same ol' place, Sweet Home Chicago!"

bwk@mbunix.mitre.org (Kort) (12/07/89)

In article <715@ra.cs.Virginia.EDU> bms6x@uvacs.cs.virginia.edu
(Brad M. Segal) writes:

 > This was probably talked about already, but I was listening to
 > National Public Radio a couple weeks ago and they did a review on
 > a new book that had been recently published concerning the research
 > into Neural Nets.  They did a piece on NETTALK (sp?), etc., but I can`t
 > remember the author or the name of the book!  Someone must know out
 > there.  Thanks in advance.

_Apprentices of Wonder: Inside the Neural Network Revolution_ by
William Allman.  A most delightful book.  I heartily recommend it.

--Barry Kort