[comp.ai.neural-nets] Pointers to distributed models of Human Memory

knaredd2@umn-d-ub.D.UMN.EDU (Krishna) (02/14/90)

Hi Netters,

Please reply with any books/papers dealing with Cognitive models of Human
Memory. I am particularly interested in Distributed Models of Human Memory and
other models that can be simulated on Digital computer (with relative ease).

I am aware of the models reported in McClelland's and Rumelhart's "Parallel
Distributed Processing".

I will be glad to summarize if there are sufficient number of responses.

Thank you,
Krishna Nareddy
Univ of Minnesota - Duluth

psrah@cc.nu.oz (02/26/90)

In article <3211@umn-d-ub.D.UMN.EDU>, knaredd2@umn-d-ub.D.UMN.EDU (Krishna) writes:
> Hi Netters,
>
> Please reply with any books/papers dealing with Cognitive models of Human
> Memory. I am particularly interested in Distributed Models of Human Memory and
> other models that can be simulated on Digital computer (with relative ease).
>
> I am aware of the models reported in McClelland's and Rumelhart's "Parallel
> Distributed Processing".
>
> I will be glad to summarize if there are sufficient number of responses.
>
> Thank you,
> Krishna Nareddy
> Univ of Minnesota - Duluth

There are now several papers in the psychological literature applying
distributed models to human memory.
e.g.
Murdock, B. (1982). Psychological Review, 89, 609-626.
Murdock, B. (1983). Psychological Review, 90, 316-338.
Eich, J.M. (1982). Psychological Review, 89, 627-661.
Eich, J.M. (1985). Psychological Review, 92, 1-38.
Heath, R. & Fulham, R. (1988). British Journal of Mathematical and
        Statistical Psychology, 41, 119-144.
etc.

Richard Heath, Psychology, Uni of Newcastle N.S.W. 2308 Australia
email: psrah@cc.nu.oz.au