[comp.ai.neural-nets] technical report on learning

ilo0005@discg1.UUCP (cherie homaee) (08/02/90)

Can anyone tell me where I could get a copy of a technical report
by Geoffrey E. Hinton called

           "Connectionist Learning Procedures"
            CMU-CS-87-115, June 1987

Thanks

Cheri Homaee

mcolthea@mqccsunc.mqcc.mq.oz.au (Max Coltheart) (08/07/90)

In article <4161@discg1.UUCP> ilo0005@discg1.UUCP (cherie homaee) writes:

>Can anyone tell me where I could get a copy of a technical report
>by Geoffrey E. Hinton called
>
>           "Connectionist Learning Procedures"
>            CMU-CS-87-115, June 1987
>
>Thanks
>
>Cheri Homaee
Geoff Hinton is currently in the Department of Computer Science in the
University of Toronto.

It is an excellent overview article. If all else fails, I will send you
a photocopy.

Max Coltheart

joshi@wuche2.wustl.edu (Amol Joshi) (08/08/90)

In article <4161@discg1.UUCP> ilo0005@discg1.UUCP (cherie homaee) writes:

>Can anyone tell me where I could get a copy of a technical report
>by Geoffrey E. Hinton called
>
>           "Connectionist Learning Procedures"
>            CMU-CS-87-115, June 1987
>
>Thanks
>
>Cheri Homaee

The contact person at CMU for tech reports is Cathy Copetas
(copetas@cs.cmu.edu). Request her to send you the report.

(Forgive me if this appears twice, our machine went berserk when
I was posting this earlier!)
:amol

Amol Joshi                         | joshi@wuche2.wustl.edu
Department of Chemical Engineering |
Washington University in St. Louis.|

ggovind@uceng.UC.EDU (Girish Govind) (08/08/90)

joshi@wuche2.wustl.edu (Amol Joshi) writes:

>In article <4161@discg1.UUCP> ilo0005@discg1.UUCP (cherie homaee) writes:
>>
>>Can anyone tell me where I could get a copy of a technical report
>>by Geoffrey E. Hinton called
>>
>>           "Connectionist Learning Procedures"
>>            CMU-CS-87-115, June 1987
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Cheri Homaee

>The contact person at CMU for tech reports is Cathy Copetas
>(copetas@cs.cmu.edu). Request her to send you the report.

>(Forgive me if this appears twice, our machine went berserk when
>I was posting this earlier!)
>:amol

As a lot of people are looking for this report I would like to mention here
that Dr. Hinton has an article by the same title
		"Connectionist Learning Procedures"
		that appeared in Artificial Intelligence, Vol. 40
		(1989) pp. 185-234

It might be containing the same information as the 1987 technical report.

				Girish Govind
				ggovind@uceng.uc.edu