[comp.ai.neural-nets] Urgent Request for Papers

aam9n@hudson.acc.Virginia.EDU (Ali Minai) (08/16/90)

Someone out there can earn my eternal gratitude (for what its worth!) by
sending me copies of the following papers:

1: J. Sietsma & R.J.F. Dow, NEURAL NET PRUNING - WHY AND HOW?
   Proc. ICNN, San Diego 1988, Vol.1

2: S.J. Hanson & L.Y. Pratt, COMPARING BIASES FOR MINIMAL NETWORK CONSTRUCTION
   WITH BACK-PROPGATATION, Advances in Neural Information Processing I,
   D.S. Touretzky, Ed. Morgan Kauffmann, 1989

I will certainly pay for any expenses incurred.

Thank you very much.

Ali Minai
Department of Electrical Engineering
Thornton Hall
University of Virginia
Charlottesville, VA 22903

aam9n@Virginia.EDU

crb7q@hudson.acc.Virginia.EDU (Cameron 'Dale' Bass) (08/16/90)

In article <1990Aug15.172501.18004@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU> aam9n@hudson.acc.Virginia.EDU (Ali Minai) writes:

>Someone out there can earn my eternal gratitude (for what its worth!) by
>sending me copies of the following papers:
>
>2: S.J. Hanson & L.Y. Pratt, COMPARING BIASES FOR MINIMAL NETWORK CONSTRUCTION
>   WITH BACK-PROPGATATION, Advances in Neural Information Processing I,
>   D.S. Touretzky, Ed. Morgan Kauffmann, 1989

   Why don't you try your own library.  I found the second of your references
   with but a second of searching VIRGO.  Posting this seems a waste
   when there are library resources at UVa that can handle this.

                                       dale bass

--
C. R. Bass                                           crb7q@virginia.edu
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering

sietsma@latcs1.oz.au (Jocelyn Sietsma) (08/17/90)

I will send copies of both of these.
(I'm posting so that we don't all flood the man with multiple copies)

Jocelyn
sietsma@latcs1.oz.au  or  USD, Materials Research Laboratory, PO Box 50
                          Ascot Vale, 3032   AUSTRALIA

dwb@cuuxb.ATT.COM (~XT6561340~Doug W. Barnes~C29~M18~7104~) (08/18/90)

In article <1990Aug15.172501.18004@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU> aam9n@hudson.acc.Virginia.EDU (Ali Minai) writes:

>Someone out there can earn my eternal gratitude (for what its worth!) by
>sending me copies of the following papers:
>
>1: J. Sietsma & R.J.F. Dow, NEURAL NET PRUNING - WHY AND HOW?
>   Proc. ICNN, San Diego 1988, Vol.1

I have the above paper.  It is only 9 pages long and will fax it to you if
you like.  Call me at 708-810-7104.

					Doug Barnes