[comp.ai.neural-nets] NN Techniques in Economics

walter@kub.nl (08/21/90)

[Posting this for someone from the economics department here].

We would like to obtain pointers to research on the application of
neural net ideas to economics, and studies about how these techniques
compare to traditional statistical methods. Thanks in advance.

Walter Daelemans
ITK (Institute for Language Technology and A.I.)
Tilburg University
P.O. BOX 90153				      Telephone: +31 13 663070
NL-5000 LE Tilburg			      Fax:       +31 13 663110
The Netherlands				      E-mail:    walter@kub.nl

sbhattac@rnd.GBA.NYU.EDU (Shankar Bhattacharyya) (08/25/90)

In article <1248@kubix.kub.nl> walter@kub.nl () writes:

>[Posting this for someone from the economics department here].
>
>We would like to obtain pointers to research on the application of
>neural net ideas to economics, and studies about how these techniques
>compare to traditional statistical methods. Thanks in advance.

Please post responses. I'm very interested in this, and I expect that
others are as well. I'll try and put together what I have, and would be
delighted ty get more.

--- Shankar

Shankar Bhattacharyya, Information Systems, New York University
sbhattac@rnd.gba.nyu.edu