[comp.ai.neural-nets] Math Function needed

ahendric@oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu (Alan Hendricker) (09/26/90)

From: ahendric@oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu (Alan Hendricker)
Newsgroups: comp.ai.neural-nets
Subject: Mathmatical Function Needed
Expires:
I am looking for a function to use in a neural network.  The function
must is dependent on two variables (x and t) and must satisfy the following
criteria:

When t is high (approaches infinity) regardless of the value of x
the answer returned must be 0.5.
When t is low (approaches 0) the function must return a value of 1.0
when x is small and 0.0 when x is large.

Can someone give me a function that can do this.  Resond by E-mail as
I'm sure this is too boring a topic for this Newsgroup.

| Alan Hendricker                 |  "The purpose in life             |
| Dept of Chemistry               |  is to die young as               |
| Ohio University                 |  late in life as                  |
| ahendric@oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu   |  possible"                        |
| hendrick@cgruni.phy.ohiou.edu   |  --unknown (by me anyway)         |