[comp.ai.neural-nets] Request for information

wlp@calmasd.Prime.COM (Walter L. Peterson, Jr.) (01/31/89)

I have posted this request before, but after I did I realized that it
was at the beginning of semester break. Since many readers of this
group are in academia, I'm posting again now that everyone is back to
school.

I am looking for references to recent work in the area of learning
rates in artificial neural networks, particularly back-propagation
networks.  This is for some research that I am doing for my thesis for
my MS in Computer Science. The most recent references that I have are
from the "Procedings of the 1988 Connectionist Models Summer School"
at CMU.

Also, if anyone "out there" is doing or has done work in this field, I
would like to hear from you.

(P.S. Thanks for the couple of responses I did get the last time).

Walter L. Peterson

email:
   wlp@calmasd.Prime.COM

snail mail:
   Calma - A Divison of Prime Computer, inc.
   9805 Scranton Rd.
   San Diego, CA
                92121

--
Walt Peterson.  Prime - Calma San Diego R&D (Object and Data Management Group)
"The opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily reflect those

wlp@calmasd.Prime.COM (Walter L. Peterson, Jr.) (02/01/89)

I posted this request a month or so ago, but after I did I realized that it
was at the beginning of semester break, and since many readers of this
group are in academia, I'm posting again now that everyone is back to
school.

I am looking for references to recent work in the area of learning
rates in artificial neural networks, particularly back-propagation
networks.  This is for some research that I am doing for my Master's
thesis in Computer Science. The most recent references that I have are
from the "Procedings of the 1988 Connectionist Models Summer School"
at CMU.

Also, if anyone "out there" is doing or has done work in this field, I
would like to hear from you.

( P.S. Thanks for the couple of responses I did get the last time ).

( P.P.S.  I'm sorry if this is a duplicate message. I'm re-posting because
  we've been having some trouble getting messages off-site and I don't
  think my last posting got out. )

P.Rocha@ucl-cs.UUCP (10/04/90)

From: Paulo V Rocha <P.Rocha@uk.ac.ucl.cs>

Mike,