[comp.ai.neural-nets] Tech Report Available - ID3 vs. BackProp

holt@auk.cs.athabascau.ca (Peter D Holt) (09/26/90)

Did someone recently not post here a list of references
making similar types of comparisons? Unfortunately
I did not save it. If anyone has the list of references
comparing connectionist approaches to pattern recognition
with other approaches I would appreciate someone sending
it to me.

sestito@latcs1.oz.au (Sabrina Sestito) (10/05/90)

In article <holt.654341843@auk> holt@auk.cs.athabascau.ca (Peter D Holt) writes:
>Did someone recently not post here a list of references
>making similar types of comparisons? Unfortunately
>I did not save it. If anyone has the list of references
>comparing connectionist approaches to pattern recognition
>with other approaches I would appreciate someone sending
>it to me.

	In the proceedings of IJCAI-89, there are two papers comparing
Back-propagation and ID3.  The primary authors of these two papers
are Fisher and Shavlik.  If you want more specific information, please
email me.

							Sabrina Sestito