[comp.ai.neural-nets] CLARIFYING CONNECTIONIST EXPERT SYSTEMS

S.Khebbal@ucl-cs.UUCP (10/09/90)

From: S.Khebbal@uk.ac.ucl.cs

Al Valbuena (A5V@psuvm.psu.edu) requested :-

>I WOULD APPRECIATE RECEIVING REFERENCES ON INTEGRATION OF NEURAL
>NETS AND EXPERT SYSTEMS. I WILL POST REPLIES ON THIS GROUP.
>                                       THANKS
>                                             AL VALBUENA
>                                             PENN STATE UNIVERSITY

I would also be interested in the above request but I feel it needs
clarification. There are two ( often confused ) areas of interest here,
firstly the HYBRID integration of Neural Networks and Expert Systems ( which I
am currently interested in ) and secondly the Connectionist Expert System
concept, which involves the construction of connectionist (local or
distributed network) structures for representing knowledge ( rules, symbols,
etc ). I would  be interested in any information / ideas for the Hybrid
integration of Neural Networks and Expert Systems ( post to me and Al
Valbuena).
				Thanks In Advance -- Sukhdev K.
 #  MAIL ADDRESS :                      |    EMAIL ADDRESS :                 #
 #       Mr Sukhdev Khebbal,            |                                    #
 #       Room 224,                      |          skhebbal@uk.ac.ucl.cs     #
 #       Computer Science Department,   |------------------------------------#
 #       University College London,     |    TELEPHONE NUMBER :              #
 #       Gower Street,                  |                                    #
 #       London WC1E 6BT.               |    LONDON (071) 387 7050 Ext 3664  #

sestito@latcs1.oz.au (Sabrina Sestito) (10/10/90)

#Al Valbuena (A5V@psuvm.psu.edu) requested :-
#
#>I WOULD APPRECIATE RECEIVING REFERENCES ON INTEGRATION OF NEURAL
#>NETS AND EXPERT SYSTEMS. I WILL POST REPLIES ON THIS GROUP.
#
#I would also be interested in the above request but I feel it needs
#clarification. There are two ( often confused ) areas of interest here,
#firstly the HYBRID integration of Neural Networks and Expert Systems ( which I
#am currently interested in ) and secondly the Connectionist Expert System
#concept, which involves the construction of connectionist (local or
#distributed network) structures for representing knowledge ( rules, symbols,
#etc ). I would  be interested in any information / ideas for the Hybrid
#integration of Neural Networks and Expert Systems ( post to me and Al
#Valbuena).

	I also would like any information on this topic.  I think
it would be easier if people posted the information to this newsgroup,
instead of emailing people directly.

	Anyway, any information would be appreciated!

						    Sabrina Sestito