[comp.ai.neural-nets] comp.ai.speech

danforth@riacs.edu (Douglas G. Danforth) (10/27/90)

In <15881@rasp.eng.cam.ac.uk> ajr@eng.cam.ac.uk (Tony Robinson) writes:

>Speech recognition is one of the big application areas, however, I don't
>think that there is enough traffic for a comp.ai.neural-nets.speech.  I made
>a tentative suggestion in comp.dsp and news.groups a while back about a
>comp.speech/comp.ai.speech newsgroup, which was to cover all aspects of
>speech processing (e.g. coding, synthesis and recognition).  Only a few
>people replied so I gave up the idea.  Maybe there is more interest from the
>comp.ai.neural-nets readership?

>Tony Robinson

    I, for one, would read such a news group since this is my area of
work.  How about the CMU group?  Alex, any interest?

--
Douglas G. Danforth   		    (danforth@riacs.edu)
Research Institute for Advanced Computer Science (RIACS)

janssen@ogicse.ogi.edu (Rik Janssen) (10/28/90)

In article <1990Oct26.230907.16033@riacs.edu> danforth@riacs.edu (Douglas G. Danforth) writes:

>In <15881@rasp.eng.cam.ac.uk> ajr@eng.cam.ac.uk (Tony Robinson) writes:
>
>>[..] Maybe there is more interest from the
>>comp.ai.neural-nets readership?
>
>    I, for one, would read such a news group since this is my area of
>work.  How about the CMU group?  Alex, any interest?

The same is true for me, and I guess other people at the OGI speechgroup
will be interested too.

Rik Janssen.

Rik Janssen                 Oregon Graduate Institute of Science and Technology
janssen@cse.ogi.edu         Department of Computer Science and Engineering
                            19600 N.W. Von Neumann Drive
			    Beaverton, OR 97006-1999 (United States of America)

rene@ascom.uucp (Rene Bach) (10/30/90)

We would certainly be interested by such a newsgroup.
Rene
Switzerland

dhf@linus.mitre.org (David H. Friedman) (10/31/90)

. It's about time. Let's hear it for comp.ai.speech!

dhf@linus.mitre.org
(David H. Friedman, m/s A-040, The MITRE Corporation, Bedford, MA 01730, USA)

ep88sw@syma.sussex.ac.uk (Steve Williams) (10/31/90)

From article <1271@aare.UUCP>, by rene@ascom.uucp (Rene Bach):
> We would certainly be interested by such a newsgroup.
> Rene
> Switzerland

I'll third that. It's a topic I'm working on for my BSc project, and
 something I hope to get into after that, so why not?

Steve Williams,
ep88sw@uk.ac.sussex.syma,
Experimental Psychology,
University of Sussex.

Linton.Miller@comp.vuw.ac.nz (Linton Miller) (11/02/90)

I'll throw in my support for this too.

I'm interested in it as a possible graduate project as well.

Linton Miller
lmiller@comp.vuw.ac.nz
Computer Science,
University of Victoria.