[net.micro] Micro for the handicapped

chi@wlbr.UUCP (Isaacs) (07/03/85)

A friend of mine is looking for any kind of micro set-up
for a quadriplegic.  Is anyone aware of any products available
for the handicapped?  Are there any handicapped people out
there in net-land that are currently using equipment for
wordprocessing, etc?

Thanks,

Charlie

P.S. I will summarize to the net if there is enough interest.

wax.OsbuSouth@XEROX.ARPA (07/08/85)

I too have a friend who is a quadraplegic.  I would appreciate any info
that anyone out there may have.  He already has an IBM PC and it takes
him hours to do things that take me minutes.  Any help would be
appreciated.

Allan Wax

al@psivax.UUCP (Al Schwartz) (07/13/85)

In article <11417@brl-tgr.ARPA> wax.OsbuSouth@XEROX.ARPA writes:

>I too have a friend who is a quadraplegic.  I would appreciate any info
>that anyone out there may have.  He already has an IBM PC and it takes
>him hours to do things that take me minutes.  Any help would be
>appreciated.
>Allan Wax

I would see if a Voice Recognition board could be used.  I know there are
several on the market now (for the IBM PC at least).  Any Voice Recognition
experts want to come forth now and help this guy out?
--
                  Al Schwartz
                  Pacesetter Systems Inc., Sylmar, CA