[comp.ai.neural-nets] Info on NNchip manufacturers?

Guszti.Bartfai@comp.vuw.ac.nz (Guszti Bartfai) (11/15/90)

Hi net-friends,

Could you please send me addresses of NN chip and accelerator card
manufacturers. Any help would be welcome and very much appreciated.

I'll post a summary if there is sufficient interest.

Thanks in advance.

--
--- Guszti Bartfai ---			Mail: Victoria University, Comp. Sci.,
					      P.O. Box 600, Wellington, NZ.

Guszti.Bartfai@comp.vuw.ac.nz (Guszti Bartfai) (11/26/90)

Hello NN-friends again,

Some 10 days ago I dropped a request on addresses of NNchip/board
manufacturers, which seems to have been popular only with people asking
for similar info.

Sorry folks, who have been anxiously waiting for the summary, but all I
can do now is to be a bit more specific this time.

So, could anyone please send me the addresses of

	- HNC (Hecht-Nielsen Corporation) Inc.
	- TRW
	- Micro Devices
	- ... (other possible developers, manufacturers)

Thanks for any response in advance, again.

(I hope I can post a summary this time:-)
--
--- Guszti Bartfai ---			Mail: Victoria University, Comp. Sci.,
					      P.O. Box 600, Wellington, NZ.
					Phone:  +64 4 721-000 ext. 8580
					E-mail: guszti@comp.vuw.ac.nz

doug@axiom.UUCP (Douglas Malech) (11/26/90)

Company:       Accotech
Chip Name:     AK107
               chip ROM coded for neural networks
Availability:  available now
Company:       Fujitsu Ltd.
Chip Name:     MB4442
               second
Availability:  available in Japan now

Company:       Hitachi Ltd.
Chip Name:     none yet
Availability:  experimental

Company:       HNC Inc.
Chip Name:     HNC-100X
Availability:  Army battlefield computer

Company:       HNC
Chip Name:     HNC-200X
Availability:  Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
               contract

Company:       Intel Corp
Chip Name:     N64
               10,000 synapses
Availability:  available now

Company:       Micro Devices
Chip Name:     MD1210
               fuzzy comparator chip
Availability:  available now

Company:       Motorola Inc.
Chip Name:     none yet
               the "old brain"
Availability:  late in 1990

Company:       NASA, Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL)
Chip Name:     none yet
               from RAM
Availability:  experimental

Company:       NEC Corp.
Chip Name:     uPD7281
               with neural software
Availability:  available in Japan

Company:       Nestor Inc.
Chip Name:     NNC
               connections
Availability:  Defense Dept. contract due in 1991

Company:       Nippon Telephone and Telegraph (NTT)
Chip Name:     none yet
               chips
Availability:  experimental

Company:       Science Applications International. Corp.
Chip Name:     none yet
Availability:  Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
               contract

Company:       Syntonic Systems Inc.
Chip Name:     Dendros-1
               Dendros-2
               be used
Availability:  available now

sci240s@monu6.cc.monash.edu.au (mr w.j. ho) (11/27/90)

Guszti.Bartfai@comp.vuw.ac.nz (Guszti Bartfai) writes:

>Hello NN-friends again,

>Some 10 days ago I dropped a request on addresses of NNchip/board
>manufacturers, which seems to have been popular only with people asking
>for similar info.

>Sorry folks, who have been anxiously waiting for the summary, but all I
>can do now is to be a bit more specific this time.

>So, could anyone please send me the addresses of

>	- HNC (Hecht-Nielsen Corporation) Inc.
>	- TRW
>	- Micro Devices
>	- ... (other possible developers, manufacturers)
  HERE THEY ARE :
1. HNC, INC.
   5501 Oberlin Drive
   San Diego
   California 92121
   (619) 546-8877

   Note: Australian Dist.: Unitronics
                           Tel : (09) 4701443
                           Contact: Martin Keye

2. SAIC
   10260 Campus Point Drive
   MS 71
   San Diego
   California 92121
   (619) 546 6148
   Fax: (619) 546 6736

3. Micro Devices
   30 Skyline Drive
   Lake Mary
   FL 32746-4379

4. California Scientific Software
   10141 Evening Star Dr#6
   Grass Valley
   CA 95945

   * I have the BrainMaker Professional from them!

5. NeuralWare, Inc
   Penn Center West
   Bldg IV Suite 227
   Pittsburgh
   PA 15276

   * They only sell software/simulator but for many platforms.

Now, I have reasons to post these information. My request is that if
any of you end-up buying/renting/evaluating/etc products from any of
the above company, please post your comments!!!!!  This will help others
before investing up to US$35K in REAL MONEY for various products.

PLEASE POST YOUR COMMENTS ON THE PRODUCTS!!

--
^     Wey Jing Ho (Mr HO)            E-mail : sci240s@monu6.cc.monash.edu.au   ^