[comp.ai.neural-nets] Pre-print about scaled conjugate gradient available.

fodslett@daimi.aau.dk (Martin Moller) (11/27/90)

Hello everybody,

The pre-print about scaled conjugate gradient, I wrote a note about
a while ago, is now available by ftp. A short abstract is:

	A supervised learning algorithm (Scaled Conjugate Gradient, SCG)
	with superlinear convergence rate is introduced. SCG is fully
	automated including no user dependent parameters and avoids a time
	consuming line search, which other conjugate gradient algorithms use
	in order to determine a good step size.

The following procedure should give you a copy of the paper:

	ftp daimi.aau.dk
	Name (daimi.aau.dk: (username)): anonymous
	Password: anything (your username)
	ftp>cd pub
	ftp> bin
	ftp>get scg.paper.Z
	ftp>quit

uncompress the paper when received by:

	uncompress scg.paper.Z

The paper can now be printed out on any postscript printer by:

	lpr -P<printername> scg.paper

The paper is 21 pages long.

Please send any questions or comments to:

	fodslett@daimi.aau.dk

	Martin F. Moller
	Computer Sci. Dept.
	University of Aarhus
	Denmark

rr2p+@andrew.cmu.edu (Richard Dale Romero) (11/28/90)

just a quick btw, that file seems to be a MacPostscript file and will
probably either have to be converted to straight postscript or printed
on an apple laserwriter.

-rick

robison@rocke.electro.swri.edu (Bob Robison) (11/28/90)

In article <cbInEKK00VoRATRkd2@andrew.cmu.edu> rr2p+@andrew.cmu.edu (Richard Dale Romero) writes:
>just a quick btw, that file seems to be a MacPostscript file and will
>probably either have to be converted to straight postscript or printed
>on an apple laserwriter.

Are there utilities to do this conversion that run on a Sun???  I
retrieved the file but currently am unable to print it.

thanks,
bob

--
Bob Robison	- Southwest Research Institute, Electromagnetics Div.
brobison@swri.edu