Subject: NIPS*90 workshop at Keystone, CO. 11/30/90 or 12/1/90
From:    David H Ackley <ackley@chatham.bellcore.com>
Date:    Wed, 21 Nov 90 14:39:37 -0500

[[Editor's Note: Yipes!  My queue grew too long, plus I went to San Diego
for the Acoustic Society's conference and this slipped through.  NIPS has
already happened, but readers may wish to know about the following.  ON a
related note, would some kind reader please submit a review of NIPS for
those of us who could not make it?  What exciting papers were presented?
What new things emerged?  What is your estimation of the state of the
field, as evidenced at NIPS?  -PM ]]

                 Genetic Algorithms, Neural Networks,
                         and Artificial Life

                           David H. Ackley
                           Richard K. Belew

Based on the principles of natural selection, "genetic algorithms" (GAs)
are a class of adaptive techniques that use a population of structures to
represent a set of potential solutions to some problem.  Selective
reproduction emphasizes "more fit" individuals and focuses the search
process, while genetic operators modify the offspring to increase
diversity and search broadly.  Theoretical and empirical results
highlight the importance of employing the "crossover" operator to
exchange information between individuals.  Such genetic recombination
produces a global search strategy quite different from --- and in some
ways complementary to --- the gradient-based techniques popular in neural
network learning.

We will survey the theory and practice of genetic algorithms, and then
focus on the growing body of research efforts that combine genetic
algorithms and neural networks.  Brief presentations from researchers
active in the field (including Richard Lippmann, David Stork, and Darrell
Whitley) will set the stage for in-depth discussions of issues in the
area, such as:
  * Comparison and composition of GA sampling and NNet searching
  * The advantages and costs of recombination operators
  * Parallel implementations of GAs
  * Appropriate representations for NNets with the GA
  * Roles for ontogeny between GA evolution and NNet learning

During the course of the workshop we will gradually broaden our scope.
As natural neurons provide inspiration for artificial neural networks,
and natural selection provides inspiration for GAs, other aspects of
natural life can provide inspirations for studies in "artificial life".
We will sample recent "alife" research efforts, and conclude with a
discussion of prospects and problems for this new, interdisciplinary
field.

------------------------------

Subject: ML91 Call for papers: Eighth International Machine Learning Workshop
From:    Lawrence Birnbaum <birnbaum@fido.ils.nwu.edu>
Date:    Wed, 21 Nov 90 15:31:40 -0600

ML91 The Eighth International Workshop on Machine Learning

Call for Papers

The organizing committee is please to announce that ML91 will include the
following workshop topics:

        Automated Knowledge Acquisition
        Computational Models of Human Learning
        Learning Relations
        Machine Learning in Engineering Automation
        Learning to React/in Complex Environments
        Constructive Induction
        Learning in Intelligent Information Retrieval
        Learning from Theory and Data

Papers must be submitted to one of these workshops for consideration.  The
provisional deadline for submission is February 1, 1991.  Papers to appear
in the Proceedings must fit in 4 pages, double column format.

More details about the constituent workshops, including submission
procedures, contact points, and reviewing committees, will be forthcoming
shortly.

ML91 will be held at Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, USA (just
north of Chicago), June 27-29, 1991.

On behalf of the organizing committee,

        Larry Birnbaum and Gregg Collins

------------------------------

Subject: NIPS90 VLSI workshop
From:    Jim Burr <burr@mojave.stanford.edu>
Date:    Fri, 23 Nov 90 21:26:13 -0800

[[ Editor's Note: Well, see my previous note at the beginning of this
Digest. -PM ]]

papers/neuro/nips90/agenda.t

To: everyone I've contacted about the NIPS90 VLSI workshop, thanks for your
help! It's shaping up to be a great session. Special thanks to those who
have volunteered to give presentations.

Workshop 8. on VLSI Neural Networks is being held Saturday, Dec 1 at
Keystone.  Related workshops are workshop 7. on implementations of neural
networks on digital, massively parallel computers, and workshop 9. on
optical implementations.

Abstract:               8. VLSI Neural Networks

                        Jim Burr
                        Stanford University
                        Stanford, CA 94305
                        (415) 723-4087
                        burr@mojave.stanford.edu

This one day workshop will address the latest advances in VLSI
implementations of neural nets. How successful have implementations been
so far? Are dedicated neurochips being used in real applications?  What
algorithms have been implemented? Which ones have not been? Why not?  How
important is on chip learning? How much arithmetic precision is
necessary?  Which is more important, capacity or performance? What are
the issues in constructing very large networks? What are the technology
scaling limits?  Any new technology developments?

Several invited speakers will address these and other questions from
various points of view in discussing their current research. We will try
to gain better insight into the strengths and limitations of dedicated
hardware solutions.

Agenda:
        morning:

        1. review of new chips
                capacity
                performance
                power
                learning
                architecture

        2. guidelines for reporting results - recommendation at evening session
                specify technology, performance, power if possible
                        translate power into joules/connection
                        or joules/update

        3. analog vs digital - the debate goes on

        4. on-chip learning - who needs it

        5. locality - who needs it (Boltzmann vs backprop)

        6. precision - how much

        7. leveraging tech scaling

        evening:

        1. large networks - how big
                memory
                power

Here are some of the issues we will discuss during the workshop:

        - What is the digital/analog tradeoff for storing weights?

        - What is the digital/analog tradeoff for doing inner products?

        - What is the digital/analog tradeoff for multichip systems?

        - Is on-chip learning necessary?

        - How important is locality?

        - How much precision is needed in a digital system?

        - What capabilities can we expect in 2 years? 5 years?

        - What are the biggest obstacles to implementing LARGE networks?
          Capacity? Performance? Power? Connectivity?

presenters:

Kristina Johnson, UC Boulder            electro-optical networks
Josh Alspector, Bellcore                analog Boltzmann machines
Andy Moore, Caltech                     subthreshold (with Video!)
Edi Saeckinger, ATT                     NET32K
Tom Baker, Adaptive Solutions           precision
Hal McCartor, Adaptive Solutions        the X1

Chip presenters: please consider mentioning the following:

        - technology (eg 2.0 micron CMOS, 0.8 micron GaAs)
        - capacity in connections and neurons
        - performance in connections per second
        - energy per connection (power dissipation)
        - on-chip learning? (Updates per second)
        - scalability? How large a network?
        - a few words on tools

See you at the workshop!

        Jim.

------------------------------

Subject: Cognitive Neuroscience
From:    Jamshed Bharucha <bharucha@eleazar.dartmouth.edu>
Date:    Tue, 27 Nov 90 11:21:00 -0500

The 1991
James S. McDonnell Foundation
Summer Institute in
Cognitive Neuroscience

The 1991 Summer Institute will be held at Dartmouth College, July 1-12.
The two week course will examine how information about the brain bears on
issues in cognitive science, and how approaches in cognitive science
apply to neuroscience research.  A distinguished international faculty
will lecture on current topics in attention and emotion, including
neurological and psychiatric disorders; laboratories, demonstrations and
videotapes will offer practical experience with cognitive neuropsychology
experiments, connectionist and computational modeling, and neuroanatomy.
At every stage, the relationship between cognitive issues and underlying
neural circuits will be explored.  The Institute directors will be
Michael I. Posner, David L. LaBerge, Joseph E. LeDoux, Michael S.
Gazzaniga, and Gordon M. Shepherd.  The Foundation is providing limited
support for travel expenses and room/board.  Applications are invited
from beginning and established researchers, and must be received by
January 11, 1991. For further information contact P.  Reuter-Lorenz
(PARL@mac.dartmouth .edu) or write to:

        McDonnell Summer Institute in Cognitive Neuroscience
        HB 7915-A  Dartmouth Medical School
        Hanover, NH  03756

APPLICATION FORM

1991 JAMES S. McDONNELL FOUNDATION SUMMER INSTITUTE
IN COGNITIVE NEUROSCIENCE

NAME_________________________________________________

INSTITUTIONAL
AFFILIATION________________________________________

RESEARCH
INTERESTS________________________________________
POSITION______________________________________________

HOME
ADDRESS_______________________________________________

WORK
ADDRESS_______________________________________________

E-MAIL
ADDRESS______________________________________________

TELEPHONES: WORK: (      )______________
            HOME: (      )______________

Housing expenses and some meal costs will be covered by the Foundation.
There will also be limited travel support available.  Please indicate the
percent of your need for this support: _______%

APPLICATION DEADLINE:
     All materials must be recevied by  JANUARY 11, 1991
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE:  MARCH 10, 1991

PLEASE SEND THIS FORM, TOGETHER WITH:
1.      A one-page statement explaining why you wish to attend.
2.      A curriculum vitae.
3.      Two letters of recommendation.

TO:
McDonnell Summer Institute
HB 7915-A
Dartmouth Medical School
Hanover, New Hampshire  03756

------------------------------

Subject: 7th IEEE Conference on AI Applications
From:    finin@PRC.Unisys.COM
Date:    Tue, 27 Nov 90 12:53:40 -0500

A copy of the advanced program of the the Seventh IEEE Conference on
Artificial Intelligence Applications (CAIA-91) is now available and can
be obtained by sending email to caia-program@prc.unisys.com.  Any
messages sent to this address will be automatically reponded to with a
message containing the advanced program which includes a registration
form and an accommodations form.

CAIA-91 will be held on February 24-28, 1991 at the Fontainbleau Hilton
Resort and Spa in Miami Beach, Florida.  A series of twelve half-day
tutorials will be held on February 24th and 25th.  The technical program
will be held on February 26th through the 28th.  This will include 73
submitted papers, a number panels and the following invited talks:

  AI in Biology and Challenges of the Human Genome Project, Bruce
    Buchanan, University of Pittsburgh

  Technology and People, Eric Bloch, former director, NSF

  Toward Intelligent Systems in the DoD, Major Steven Cross, DARPA

  Application Projects at ICOT, K. C. Furukawa, ICOT

  The ESPRIT Program, D. E. Talbot, Commission of the European Communities

  "Applying Common Sense" - Necessity or Oxymoron?, Doug Lenat, MCC

For more information about the conference in general, or to request
hardcopy of the advanced program, contact: IEEE Computer Society, 1730
Massachusetts Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20036, 202-371-1013, fax:
202-728-0884.  For information about the technical program, contact: Tim
Finin, Unisys Center for Advanced Information Tech., PO Box 517, Paoli PA
19301, 215-648-2840, fax: 215-648-2288, finin@prc.unisys.com.  --
  | Tim Finin                                   finin@prc.unisys.com     |
  | Center for Advanced Information Technology  215-648-2840, -2288(fax) |
  | Unisys, PO Box 517, Paoli, PA 19301 USA     215-386-1749 (home)      |

------------------------------

Subject: Call For Papers
From:    hwang@uw-isdl.ee.washington.edu ( J. N. Hwang)
Date:    Thu, 29 Nov 90 16:42:59 -0800

                   IJCNN'91  SINGAPORE, CALL FOR PAPERS

CONFERENCE: The IEEE Neural Network Council and the international
   neural network society (INNS) invite all persons interested in the
   field of Neural Networks to submit FULL PAPERS for possible
   presentation at the conference.

FULL PAPERS:  must be received by May 31, 1991.  All submissions
   will be acknowledged by mail. Authors should submit their work via Air
   Mail or Express Courier so as to ensure timely arrival.  Papers will
   be reviewed by senior researchers in the field, and all papers
   accepted will be published in full in the conference proceedings. The
   conference hosts tutorials on Nov. 18 and tours arranged probably on
   Nov. 17 and Nov. 22, 1991. Conference sess- ions will be held from
   Nov. 19-21, 1991.  Proposals for tutorial speakers & topics should be
   submitted to Professor Toshio Fukuda (address below) by Nov. 15, 1990.

TOPICS OF INTEREST:  original, basic and applied papers in all areas
   of neural networks & their applications are being solicited. FULL
   PAPERS may be submitted for consideration as oral or poster pres-
   entation in (but not limited to) the following sessions:

 -- Associative Memory                -- Sensation & Perception
 -- Electrical Neurocomputers         -- Sensormotor Control System
 -- Image Processing                  -- Supervised Learning
 -- Invertebrate Neural Networks      -- Unsupervised Learning
 -- Machine Vision                    -- Neuro-Physiology
 -- Neurocognition                    -- Hybrid Systems (AI, Neural
 -- Neuro-Dynamics                       Networks, Fuzzy Systems)
 -- Optical Neurocomputers            -- Mathematical Methods
 -- Optimization                      -- Applications
 -- Robotics

AUTHORS' SCHEDULE:
   Deadline for submission of FULL PAPERS (camera ready) May 31, 1991
   Notification of acceptance AUg. 31, 1991

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:  Eight copies (One original and seven photocopies)
   are required for submission. Do not fold or staple the original,
   camera ready copy. Papers of no more than 6 pages, including figures,
   tables and references, should be written in English and only complete
   papers will be considered. Papers must be submitted camera-ready on 8
   1/2" x 11" white bond paper with 1" margins on all four sides. They
   should be prepared by typewriter or letter quality printer in
   one-column format, single-spaced or similar type of 10 points or
   larger and should be printed on one side of the paper only. FAX
   submissions are not acceptable.  Centered at the top of the first page
   should be the complete title, author name(s), affiliation(s) and
   mailing address(es).  This is followed by a blank space and then the
   abstract, up to 15 lines, followed by the text.  In an accompanying
   letter, the following must be included:

   --  Corresponding author:                  -- Presentation preferred:
          Name                                       Oral
          Mailing Address                            Poster
          Telephone & FAX number

   --  Technical Session:                     -- Presenter:
          1st Choice                                 Name
          2nd Choice                                 Mailing Address
                                                     Telephone & FAX number

FOR SUBMISSION FROM JAPAN, SEND TO:
       Professor Toshio Fukuda
       Programme Chairman
       IJCNN'91 SINGAPORE
       Dept. of Mechanical Engineering
       Nagoya University, Furo-cho, Chikusa-Ku
       Nagoya 464-01 Japan.
       (FAX: 81-52-781-9243)

FOR SUBMISSION FROM USA, SEND TO:
       Ms Nomi Feldman
       Meeting Management
       5565 Oberlin Drive, Suite 110
       San Diego, CA 92121
       (FAX: 81-52-781-9243)

FOR SUBMISSION FROM REST OF THE WORLD, SEND TO:
       Dr. Teck-Seng, Low
       IJCNN'91 SINGAPORE
       Communication Intl Associates Pte Ltd
       44/46 Tanjong Pagar Road
       Singapore 0208
       (TEL: (65) 226-2838, FAX: (65) 226-2877, (65) 221-8916)

------------------------------

Subject: Boston U. presents a course and a conference
From:    mike@park.bu.edu
Date:    Tue, 20 Nov 90 18:11:35 -0500

                      BOSTON UNIVERSITY

     A World Leader In Neural Network Research and Technology
          Presents Two Major Events on the Cutting Edge

NEURAL NETWORKS: FROM FOUNDATIONS TO APPLICATIONS, MAY 5-10, 1991

     A self-contained systematic course by leading neural architects.

NEURAL NETWORKS FOR VISION AND IMAGE PROCESSING, MAY 10-12, 1991

     An international research conference presenting INVITED and
     CONTRIBUTED papers, herewith solicited, on one of the most
     active research topics in science and technology today.

     Special student registration rates are available.

     Sponsored by: Boston University's Wang Institute, Center for
Adaptive Systems, and Graduate Program in Cognitive and Neural Systems,
with partial support from the Air Force Office of Scientific Research.

         NEURAL NETWORKS: FROM FOUNDATIONS TO APPLICATIONS

                       MAY 5-10, 1991

This self-contained systematic five-day course is based on the graduate
curriculum in the technology, computation, mathematics, and biology of
neural networks developed at the Center for Adaptive Systems (CAS) and
the graduate program in Cognitive and Neural Systems (CNS) of Boston
University. The curriculum refines and updates the successful course held
at the Wang Institute in May, 1990. The course will be taught by CAS/CNS
faculty, as well as by distinguished guest lecturers at the beautiful and
superbly equipped campus of the Wang Institute.  An extraordinary range
and depth of models, methods, and applications will be presented with
ample opportunity for interaction with the lecturers and other
participants at the daily discussion sections, meals, receptions, and
breaks that are included with registration. At the 1990 Course,
participants came from 20 countries and 35 states of the U.S.

Boston University tutors are STEPHEN GROSSBERG, GAIL CARPENTER, ENNIO
MINGOLLA, MICHAEL COHEN, DAN BULLOCK, AND JOHN MERRILL.

Guest tutors are FEDERICO FAGGIN, ROBERT HECHT-NIELSEN, MICHAEL JORDAN,
ANDY BARTO, AND ALEX WAIBEL.

               DAY 1 COURSE SCHEDULE (May 6, 1991)

PROFESSOR GROSSBERG: Historical Overview, Cooperation and Competition,
Content Addressable Memory, and Associative Learning.

PROFESSORS CARPENTER, GROSSBERG, AND MINGOLLA: Associative Learning Continued,
Neocognitron, Perceptrons, and Introduction to Back Propagation.

PROFESSOR JORDAN: Recent Developments of Back Propagation.

Evening Discussions with Tutors and Informal Presentations.

               DAY 2 COURSE SCHEDULE (May 7, 1991)

PROFESSORS GROSSBERG AND MINGOLLA: Adaptive Pattern Recognition.

PROFESSORS CARPENTER AND GROSSBERG: Introduction to Adaptive Resonance,
Theory and Analysis of ART 1.

PROFESSOR CARPENTER: Analysis of ART 2, ART 3, Predictive ART, and
Self-Organization of Invariant Pattern Recognition codes.

Evening Discussions with Tutors and Informal Presentations.

               DAY 3 COURSE SCHEDULE (May 8, 1991)

PROFESSORS GROSSBERG AND MINGOLLA: Vision and Image Processing.

PROFESSORS BULLOCK AND GROSSBERG: Adaptive Sensory-Motor Planning
and Control.

Evening Discussions with Tutors and Informal Presentations.

               DAY 4 COURSE SCHEDULE (May 9, 1991)

PROFESSORS COHEN, GROSSBERG, AND WAIBEL: Speech Perception and
Production.

PROFESSORS BARTO, GROSSBERG, AND MERRILL: Reinforcement Learning and
Prediction.

DR. HECHT-NIELSEN: Recent Developments in the Neurocomputer Industry.

Evening Discussions with Tutors and Informal Presentations.

              DAY 5 COURSE SCHEDULE (May 10, 1991)

DR. FAGGIN: VLSI Implementation of Neural Networks.

                   END OF COURSE (at 1:30 PM).

                     RESEARCH CONFERENCE

         NEURAL NETWORKS FOR VISION AND IMAGE PROCESSING

                      MAY 10-12, 1991

This international research conference on a topic at the cutting edge of
science and technology will bring together leading experts in academe,
government, and industry to present their results on vision and image
processing in INVITED LECTURES and CONTRIBUTED POSTERS. Topics range from
visual neurobiology and psychophysics through computational modelling to
technological applications.

CALL FOR PAPERS - VIP POSTER SESSION: A featured 3-hour poster session on
neural network research related to vision and image processing will be
held on May 11, 1991.  Attendees who wish to present a poster should
submit three copies of an abstract (one single-spaced page), postmarked
by March 1, 1991, for refereeing. Include with the abstract the name,
address, and telephone number of the corresponding author.  Mail to:
Poster Session, Neural Networks Conference, Wang Institute of Boston
University, 72 Tyng Road, Tyngsboro, MA 01879.  Authors will be informed
of abstract acceptance by March 31, 1991.

       DAY 1 CONFERENCE PROGRAM (May 10, 1991, 5:00-7:30 PM)

PROFESSOR JOHN DAUGMAN, CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY: "High-Confidence
Personal Identification System Built from Quadrature Neural Filter"

PROFESSOR DAVID CASASENT, CARNEGIE MELLON UNIVERSITY: "CMU Hybrid Optical/
Digital Neural Net for Scene Analysis"

DR. ROBERT HECHT-NIELSEN, HNC,: "Neurocomputers for Image Analysis"

                DAY 2 CONFERENCE PROGRAM (May 11, 1991)

PROFESSOR V.S. RAMACHANDRAN, UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, SAN DIEGO:
"Interactions Between `Channels' Concerned with the Perception of Motion,
Depth, Color, and Form"

PROFESSOR STEPHEN GROSSBERG, BOSTON UNIVERSITY: "A Neural Network
Architecture for 3-D Vision and Figure-Ground Separation"

PROFESSOR ENNIO MINGOLLA, BOSTON UNIVERSITY: "A Neural Network Architecture
for Visual Motion Segmentation"

PROFESSOR GEORGE SPERLING, NEW YORK UNIVERSITY: "Two Systems of Visual
Processing"

DR. ROBERT DESIMONE, NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF MENTAL HEALTH: "Attentional
Control of Visual Perception: Cortical and Subcortical Mechanisms"

PROFESSOR GAIL CARPENTER, BOSTON UNIVERSITY: "Neural Network Architectures
for Attentive Learning, Recognition, and Prediction"

DR. RALPH LINSKER, IBM T.J. WATSON RESEARCH CENTER: "New Approaches to
Network Learning and Optimization"

PROFESSOR STUART ANSTIS, UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO: "My Recent Research on
Motion Perception"

                           POSTER SESSION

                DAY 3 CONFERENCE PROGRAM (May 12, 1991)

PROFESSOR JACOB BECK, UNIVERSITY OF OREGON: "Preattentive Visual Processing"

PROFESSOR JAMES TODD, BRANDEIS UNIVERSITY: "Neural Analysis of Motion"

DR. ALLEN M. WAXMAN, MIT LINCOLN LAB: "Extraction"

PROFESSOR ERIC SCHWARTZ, NEW YORK UNIVERSITY: "Biologically Motivated
Machine Vision"

PROFESSOR ALEX PENTLAND, MASSACHUSETTS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: "The
Optimal Observer: Design of a Dynamically-Responding Visual System"

                              DISCUSSION

                 END OF RESEARCH CONFERENCE (at 1 PM)

CNS FELLOWSHIP FUND: Net revenues from the course will endow fellowships
for Ph.D. candidates in the CNS Graduate Program.  Corporate and
individual gifts to endow CNS Fellowships are also welcome.  Please
write: Cognitive and Neural Systems Fellowship Fund, Center for Adaptive
Systems, Boston University, 111 Cummington Street, Boston, MA 02215.

STUDENT REGISTRATION: A limited number of spaces at the course and
conference have been reserved at a subsidized rate for full time
students.  These spaces will be assigned on a first-come, first-served
basis.  Completed registration form and payment for students who wish to
be considered for the reduced student rate must be received by April 15,
1991.

YOUR REGISTRATION FEE INCLUDES:

COURSE                                                  CONFERENCE

Five days of tutorials                     Admission to all invited lectures
Course notebooks for all tutorials         Admission to poster session
All guest lectures                    One reception
Sunday evening reception              Two continental breakfasts
Five continental breakfasts           One lunch
Five lunches                          One dinner
Four dinners                          Daily morning/afternoon
Daily morning/afternoon coffee          coffee service
  service
Evening discussion sessions with
  leading neural architects

CANCELLATION POLICY: Course fee, less $100, and the research conference
fee, less $60, will be refunded upon receipt of a written request
postmarked before March 31, 1991.  After this date no refund will be
made.  Registrants who do not attend and who do not cancel in writing
before March 31, 1991 are liable for the full amount of the registration
fee. You must obtain a cancellation number from our registrar in order to
make the cancellation valid.

HOW TO REGISTER:

ADVANCE REGISTRATION: To register by telephone, call (508) 649-9731 with
VISA or Mastercard between 8:00-5:00 PM (EST).  To register by fax,
complete and fax back the Registration Form to (508) 649-6926.  To
register by mail, complete the registration form and mail it with your
full form of payment as directed.  Make check payable in U.S.  dollars to
Boston University.

ON-SITE REGISTRATION: Those who wish to register for the course and the
research conference on-site may do so on a space-available basis.

SITE: The Wang Institute of Boston University possesses excellent
conference facilities in a beautiful 220-acre setting.  It is easily
reached from Boston's Logan Airport and Route 128.

HOTEL RESERVATIONS: Sheraton Tara, Nashua, NH (603) 888-9970; Red Roof
Inn, Nashua, NH (603) 888-1893; or Stonehedge Inn, Tyngsboro, MA, (508)
649-4342.  The special conference rate applies only if you mention the
name and dates of the meeting when making the reservation.  The hotels in
Nashua are located approximately five miles from the Wang Institute.
Shuttle bus service will be provided.

REGISTRATION FORM:

COURSE - NEURAL NETWORKS: FROM FOUNDATIONS TO APPLICATIONS,
May 5-10, 1991

RESEARCH CONFERENCE - NEURAL NETWORKS FOR VISION AND IMAGE PROCESSING,
May 10-12, 1991

Name: ______________________________________________________________

Title: _____________________________________________________________

Address: ___________________________________________________________

City: ____________________________ State: __________ Zip: __________

Telephone: _________________________________________________________

Course:                            Research Conference:

( ) regular attendee $985          ( ) regular attendee $95
( ) full-time student $275*        ( ) Full-time student $75*

*limited number of spaces.  Student registrations must be received
by April 15, 1991.

Total payment enclosed: ____________________________________________

Form of payment:

( ) Check or money order (payable in U.S. dollars to Boston
    University).
( ) VISA
( ) Mastercard

#_______________________________________Exp. Date:__________________

Signature (as it appears on card): _________________________________

Return to: Neural Networks
           Wang Institute of Boston University
           72 Tyng Road
           Tyngsboro, MA 01879

Boston University's policies provide for equal opportunity and
affirmative action in employment and admission to all programs of the
University.

End of Neuron Digest [Volume 6 Issue 69]