[comp.ai.neural-nets] NEED IJCNN JUNE

pako@neuronstar.it.lut.fi (Pasi Koikkalainen) (01/11/91)

v091nm4y@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu (Samir Haque) writes:

>    I urgently need information on how to register a paper for the IJCNN June
>meeting, I think the deadline is Jan. 15. I would especially like an e-mail
>address for on-line registration if such a thing exists. Also the

There is some confusion here.

 IJCNN (Seattle,USA) is in July  (Deadline Jan 30 ??)
and ICANN (Helsinki,Finland) is in June (Deadline Jan 15.)

For ICANN you may submit manuscripts to:

Prof. Olli Simula
ICANN-91 Organization Chairman
Helsinki University of Technology
SF-02150 Espoo, Finland
---------------------------
FAX OR EMAIL SUBMISSIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
Fax: +358 0 451 3277
Telex: 125161 HTKK SF
Email (internet): icann91@hutmc.hut.fi

 Complete papers of at most 6 pages are invited for oral or poster
 presentation in one of the sessions given below:

 1.  Mathematical theories of networks and dynamical systems
 2.  Neural network architectures and algorithms
      (including organizations and comparative studies)
 3.  Artificial associative memories
 4.  Pattern recognition and signal processing (especially vision and speech)
 5.  Self-organization and vector quantization
 6.  Robotics and control
 7.  "Neural" knowledge data bases and non-rule-based decision making
 8.  Software development
      (design tools, parallel algorithms, and software packages)
 9.  Hardware implementations (coprocessors, VLSI, optical, and molecular)
 10. Commercial and industrial applications
 11. Biological and physiological connection
      (synaptic and cell functions, sensory and motor functions, and memory)
 12. Neural models for cognitive science and high-level brain functions
 13. Physics connection (thermodynamical models, spin glasses, and chaos)

Papers may be submitted for oral or poster presentation. All papers must
be written in English. Only complete papers of at most 6 pages will be
considered for oral presentations, and for 4 pages for posters. The program
committee may designate a paper intended for oral presentation to a poster
presentation instead, and may also change the intended session to balance
the conference program.

1. The typing area is 16.7 x 25.8 cm (6.5 x 10 in.)
2. Do not use page numbers
3. Use a font (also tables and figures) large enough to withstand
   reduction to 70%. Do not use font smaller than 11 points.
4. The title should be written in capital letters 2 cm from the top
   of the first page, followed by the authors' names and addresses and
   the abstract left-justified, indenting everything by 2 cm.
5. In the text, do not indent headings or captions.
6. Insert all tables, figures, and figure captions in the text at their
   final positions.
7. For references in the text, use numbers in square brackets.

Submit 6 review copies of the manuscript.
FAX OR EMAIL SUBMISSIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
With each manuscript, please indicate
     - the name of the principal author
     - the mail address, telephone, and fax numbers
     - whether the paper in intended for oral or poster presentation
     - which session it is submitted to (see sessions above). You can
       also give two alternatives.

 *  Pasi Koikkalainen
 *  Lappeenranta University of Technology
 *  P.O.Box 20, 53851 LPR, Finland