[comp.ai.neural-nets] Paper by Dr.Sontag

davison@ursa.bucknell.edu (brian davison) (01/15/91)

=From: vaidyana@lips.ecn.purdue.edu (Ramaswamy Vaidyanathan)
=Subject: Paper by Dr.Sontag
=Date: 12 Jan 91 00:28:28 GMT
=Sender: news@noose.ecn.purdue.edu (USENET news)

=There was a posting in neurons digest about ftp-ing a paper on two hidden
=layer networks by Professor Sontag.

=This paper is in the pub/neuroprose directory of cheops.cis.ohio-state.edu,
=(the file name is sontag.twolayer.ps.Z).

=Upon ftp-ing and uncompressing the paper and printing it on a ps printer,
=I found that the first three pages are missing from the file. Can some one
=give me Dr. Sontag's email address so that I can obtain the missing pages?

=Thanks,
=Vaidya

I've had the same problem - the file does not contain the first three
pages.  Does anyone have them?

Thanks

Brian Davison
davison@amethyst.bucknell.edu

djlinse@light.Princeton.EDU (Dennis Linse) (01/15/91)

In article <571@hydra.bucknell.edu> davison@ursa.bucknell.edu (brian davison) writes:
>=From: vaidyana@lips.ecn.purdue.edu (Ramaswamy Vaidyanathan)
>=Upon ftp-ing and uncompressing the paper and printing it on a ps printer,
>=I found that the first three pages are missing from the file.
>
>I've had the same problem - the file does not contain the first three
>pages.  Does anyone have them?

The file itself contains the first three pages.  The problem is that the
Postscript on page 3 apparently chokes some printers.  There is a figure
on the top of page three which may be the culprit or it may be the way
the figure is included by TeX which was used to generate the paper.  I
didn't bother to figure it out.

Although I had the same problem when I tried to print it out from our
NeXT, I *was* able to print it out fine to a Apple Laserwriter NT
attached to a Macintosh.  After my email, Ramaswamy Vaidyanathan was
able to print the entire paper out too.

Dennis Linse  (djlinse@phoenix.princeton.edu)

A witty saying proves nothing. -- Voltaire

davison@hydra.bucknell.edu (brian davison) (01/16/91)

Thanks... I was able to print the postscript file by Dr. Sontag using a
Mac and a LaserWriter IINT (instead of from a Sun to a LaserWriter Plus).