[comp.ai.neural-nets] neural net books

kroger@scarecrow.cognet.ucla.edu (James Kroger) (02/12/91)

Concerning all these book recommendations:

Recently, G. Hinton recommended an intro neural net book
on the connectionist mailing list. Does anybody know
what it was?

Also, does anybody know which (if any) of these books
best deals with the topic of "neural-nets as statistics"?

Thanks,
Jim Kroger
kroger@cognet.ucla.edu

schraudo@beowulf.ucsd.edu (Nici Schraudolph) (02/12/91)

kroger@scarecrow.cognet.ucla.edu (James Kroger) writes:

>Recently, G. Hinton recommended an intro neural net book
>on the connectionist mailing list. Does anybody know
>what it was?

He recommended "Introduction to the Theory of Neural Computation" by
Hertz, Krogh & Palmer (Addison-Wesley 1991).  (Thanks for prodding me
to finally work through my Christmas backlog of mail from that list. :-)

--
Nicol N. Schraudolph, C-014          | "And long cars in long lines
University of California, San Diego  |  And great big signs, and they all say: