[comp.ai.neural-nets] TechRep available

siemon@anja.uucp (H. Peter Siemon) (03/07/91)

The following tech report is available via surface mail:

	K.-U. Hoeffgen, H. Peter Siemon
	Approximation of Functions with Feedfarward Nets

Contents:

	We show how to systematically construct feedforward nets for
	any L-2 function from Rn to Rm. The number of units and
	connections is known in advance and depends on the desired
	accuracy of approximation. Learning is done in one shot.

	We then show ways to improve the net with a genetic algorithm.
	As the learning is one shot the procedure is quick and effective.

An extended abstract of the report has been published in First Int.
Workshop on Parallel Problem solving from Nature, Oct 1990, Preprint.
The tech report is available (free of charge) via surface mail, email
your (surface) address to me.

saleh@kundry.top.cis.syr.edu (Saleh Elmohammed) (03/09/91)

In article <3083@laura.UUCP> siemon@anja.uucp (H. Peter Siemon) writes:
>The following tech report is available via surface mail:
>
>	K.-U. Hoeffgen, H. Peter Siemon
>	Approximation of Functions with Feedfarward Nets
>

>The tech report is available (free of charge) via surface mail, email
>your (surface) address to me.

Peter,

Hi! My messages keep bouncing back; could you e-mail
me another e-address ?

Thanks,

saleh@top.cis.syr.edu      (via Internet)

demers@beowulf.ucsd.edu (David Demers) (03/11/91)

In article <3083@laura.UUCP> siemon@anja.uucp (H. Peter Siemon) writes:
>The following tech report is available via surface mail:

>	K.-U. Hoeffgen, H. Peter Siemon
>	Approximation of Functions with Feedfarward Nets

>Contents:
[...]
>An extended abstract of the report has been published in First Int.
>Workshop on Parallel Problem solving from Nature, Oct 1990, Preprint.
>The tech report is available (free of charge) via surface mail, email
>your (surface) address to me.

OK, my mailer doesn't like siemon@anja.uucp.  Do you
have any alternative address?  I would very much like
to have a copy of your tech report, but posting like I'm
doing is a bit of a waste of bandwidth.  Sorry.

Dave

--
Dave DeMers					demers@cs.ucsd.edu
Computer Science & Engineering	C-014		demers%cs@ucsd.bitnet

smagt@fwi.uva.nl (Patrick van der Smagt) (03/11/91)

siemon@anja.uucp (H. Peter Siemon) writes:

>The following tech report is available via surface mail:

>	K.-U. Hoeffgen, H. Peter Siemon
>	Approximation of Functions with Feedfarward Nets

It appears that my mailer cannot mail to siemon@anja.uucp.  Is there
a better email address?

						Patrick van der Smagt

uhumptl@meaddata.com (Tim Humphrey) (03/12/91)

This is meant for H. Peter Siemon who posted the following:

>The following tech report is available via surface mail:
>
>	K.-U. Hoeffgen, H. Peter Siemon
>	Approximation of Functions with Feedfarward Nets

For some reason your email address isn't being recognized by my system.
Would you send me a copy of your paper? My surface address is:

Tim Humphrey
532 N. Claridge Dr.
Kettering, Ohio 45429
U.S.A.

Or my email address is: uhumptl@meaddata.com

Thank you,
tim

len@macadam.mqcs.mq.oz.au (Len Hamey) (03/12/91)

In article <1991Mar11.072941.15401@fwi.uva.nl> smagt@fwi.uva.nl (Patrick van der Smagt) writes:
>siemon@anja.uucp (H. Peter Siemon) writes:
>
>>The following tech report is available via surface mail:
>
>>	K.-U. Hoeffgen, H. Peter Siemon
>>	Approximation of Functions with Feedfarward Nets
>
>It appears that my mailer cannot mail to siemon@anja.uucp.  Is there
>a better email address?

Neither mine.  Please post a working path.

siemon@anja.uucp (H. Peter Siemon) (03/12/91)

Sorry for the confusion I caused, see trailer for address.

| H.Peter Siemon	siemon@anja.informatik.uni-dortmund.de     |
| Universitaet Dormund	Abt. Informatik LS VI	D-4600 Dortmund 50 |