[comp.ai.neural-nets] Choosing a NN-Simulator...

fs0997@spindletop.tamu.edu (Frank Schnorrenberg 5-9403) (03/30/91)

In article <389@aplcomm.JHUAPL.EDU> writes:

>  I am beginning the process of proposing a project involving
>the use of neural nets.  I would like to hear from anyone
>who has experience with the package "NeuralWorks Professional
>II/PLUS" by NeuralWare, Inc. of Pittsburgh.  I am planning on
>using it with a Macintosh IIfx so I would be most interested
>in Mac users' opinions.  Since the package is available for
>several other machines, comments from other users would also
>be appreciated.
>
>  If you have some other favorite neural net package for the

SUN (sun4) I (Frank) would be very interested to hear your opinion.

Please reply by e-mail or however you want (post it to this group).
We are planning to apply neural nets to seismic reflectivity data to detect
certain features (fractures etc.).

I'm thinking of using Rochester Simulator or UCLA Sfinx, but we also consider buying Neural Works Professional II Plus.

Thanks for constructive input,

Frank