[comp.ai.neural-nets] AXON

phi@goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au (Philip Hingston) (04/11/91)

I have just been reading through Robert Hecht-Nielsen's NEUROCOMPUTING.

It contains a description of a neural network description language, AXON.

Does anyone know where I can obtain a complete description of the language
and does anyone know of any copyright restrictions etc?

I am thinking of writing an interpreter or compiler for the language.

Thanks.	phi

--
Philip Hingston, Computer Science,ACSnet: phi@goanna.cs.rmit.oz
R.M.I.T.                          ARPA:   phi%goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au@uunet.uu.net

kentpu@maui.cs.ucla.edu (Dr. Kent Pu) (04/12/91)

In article <5201@goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au> phi@goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au (Philip Hingston) writes:
>I have just been reading through Robert Hecht-Nielsen's NEUROCOMPUTING.
>
>It contains a description of a neural network description language, AXON.
>
>Does anyone know where I can obtain a complete description of the language
>and does anyone know of any copyright restrictions etc?

You can get it from HNC. The address is as following

HNC,Inc.
5501 Oberlin Drive
San Diego, CA 92122

I don't know if it is free or not. But I think I can ask it for you.
BTW, HNC has its own compiler.

			Kent