[comp.ai.neural-nets] HLP - A beginners problems

alpowell@images.cs.und.ac.za (04/13/91)

Hi. I'm new to Usenet (and NNs for that matter) and would
like some help from all you brilliant people out there.

There are certain articles that I would like to retrieve
using anonymous ftp. The problem is that I can't use anonymous
ftp from the machine I'm on. I have found out how to get certain
mailers to e-mail the articles (if I ask them nicely that is). BUT,
to use this service, I need to know the name of the articles which I
don't.

For example, I would like the article by Fahlman on the Quickprop
algo. I know that some of his papers can be found in the
    /pub/neuroprose directory of cheops.cis.ohio-state.edu,
but I don't know the file's names (see my problem ?).

So, could any very kind soul please help. Ideally I would
like a directory listing (or be told how to do it from where I am
if that is possible) of the above directory. Either that or the
e-mail address of Fahlman. I would prefer not to e-mail the authors
directly since I suspect that being asked to e-mail your papers around the
world would get a little irating after the first 100 requests.

Also (no, I don't let up easily), I would like some info on ART2 (and 3
which I believe exists), Hopfield nets and Kohonen too. I have found some papers
on these, but they are sketchy at best (our library is a little slow I'm afraid).
Titles, anonymous ftp sites would be fine.

Thanks

Al (alpowell@images.cs.und.ac.za)

alpowell@images.cs.und.ac.za (04/16/91)

alpowell@images.cs.und.ac.za writes:

>Hi. I'm new to Usenet (and NNs for that matter) and would
>like some help from all you brilliant people out there.

>There are certain articles that I would like to retrieve
>using anonymous ftp. The problem is that I can't use anonymous
> (stuff deleted).

OK, Sorry about the waste of space. I've found out how to do
it (easy actually).

Al