[comp.ai.neural-nets] Time Series Forecasting with Backprop NN

kattan@jetson.uh.edu (Mike Kattan) (04/12/91)

I'm interested in using a backprop NN to do time series forecasting.
Can anyone point me to some references?  Thanks,

--

Mike Kattan
University of Houston

yinlin@joutsen.tut.fi (Lin Yin) (04/14/91)

In article <9108.2804ea37@jetson.uh.edu> kattan@jetson.uh.edu (Mike Kattan) writes:
>I'm interested in using a backprop NN to do time series forecasting.
>Can anyone point me to some references?  Thanks,
>
>--
>
>Mike Kattan
>University of Houston
>(713) 749-6789

I am also interested in that. Please point me to some references.

Lin Yin

email: yinlin.tut.fi

smb@data.com (Steven M. Boker) (04/15/91)

In article <9108.2804ea37@jetson.uh.edu> kattan@jetson.uh.edu (Mike Kattan) writes:
>I'm interested in using a backprop NN to do time series forecasting.
>Can anyone point me to some references?  Thanks,

How about

Weigend, A., Rumelhart, D., & Huberman, B.  "Back-Propagation, Weight
Elimination and Time Series Prediction" Connectionist Models Proceedings
Touretzky et.al. eds. Morgan Kauffman, San Mateo, (1990)

Steve.

--
 #====#====#====#====#====#====#====#====#====#====#====#====#====#====#====#
 #  Steve Boker           #             "Two's bifurcation                  #

gaa9012@dgsc.dla.mil ( Bruce W Colletti) (04/16/91)

In article <9108.2804ea37@jetson.uh.edu>, kattan@jetson.uh.edu (Mike Kattan) writes:
> I'm interested in using a backprop NN to do time series forecasting.
> Can anyone point me to some references?  Thanks,
>
> --
>
> Mike Kattan
> University of Houston
> (713) 749-6789

Mike, how about a Master's thesis?  Try

   Stright, James R.  "A Neural Network Implementation of Chaotic
   Time Series Prediction."  MS Thesis, AFIT/GE/ENG/88D-50.  School of
   Engineering, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB,
   Ohio (DEC88).

Jim's thesis is unclassified and so can be released.  It can be obtained from
the National Technical Information Service, Springfield VA
(703-487-4600).

--
Bruce W. Colletti, Captain, USAF
DLA-DORO, Defense General Supply Center, Richmond VA  23297-5000 USA

gaa9012@dgsc.dla.mil ( Bruce W Colletti) (04/17/91)

In article <570@dgsc.dla.mil>, gaa9012@dgsc.dla.mil ( Bruce W Colletti) writes:

>    Stright, James R.  "A Neural Network Implementation of Chaotic
>    Time Series Prediction."  MS Thesis, AFIT/GE/ENG/88D-50.  School of
>    Engineering, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB,
>    Ohio (DEC88).
>
> Jim's thesis is unclassified and so can be released.  It can be obtained from
> the National Technical Information Service, Springfield VA
> (703-487-4600).

The mailing address of NTIS is:

       United States Department of Commerce
       National Technical Information Service