[comp.ai.neural-nets] Connectionist expert systems

A5V@psuvm.psu.edu (10/07/90)

I WOULD APPRECIATE RECEIVING REFERENCES ON INTEGRATION OF NEURAL
NETS AND EXPERT SYSTEMS. I WILL POST REPLIES ON THIS GROUP.
                                       THANKS
                                             AL VALBUENA
                                             PENN STATE UNIVERSITY

raj@utkux1.utk.edu (Rajendra Patil) (04/04/91)

Hi friends:

	Anyone working with connectionist expert systems (S. Gallant)
I will like to get some idea about the details of implementations.
Almost any information (references, code etc) is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Regards.

Raj

It's not know-how that counts, it's know when.
				Garald Weinberg.
------------------------------------------------------ The World & I
Rajendra Patil                           -- email: raj@utkux1.utk.edu
305, Pasqua Engg. Bldg                   -- ph: 615-974-0667 (work)
Center for Neural Engg. and Applications.--     615-524-8836 (home)
Univ. of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37902. --

lau@cs.umn.edu (Patrick Lau) (04/05/91)

In article <1991Apr4.074916.28091@cs.utk.edu> raj@utkux1.utk.edu (Rajendra Patil) writes:
>Hi friends:
>
>	Anyone working with connectionist expert systems (S. Gallant)
>I will like to get some idea about the details of implementations.
>Almost any information (references, code etc) is appreciated.

I would also like to have that information, too. Thanks.

Patrick Lau                       Computer Science Department
lau@umn-cs.cs.umn.edu             University of Minnesota
...!rutgers!umn-cs!lau            Minneapolis, MN 55455

ms@thalamus.sans.kth.se (Magnus Stensmo) (04/29/91)

In article <1991Apr4.074916.28091@cs.utk.edu> raj@utkux1.utk.edu (Rajendra Patil) writes:
>Hi friends:
>
>	Anyone working with connectionist expert systems (S. Gallant)
>I will like to get some idea about the details of implementations.
>Almost any information (references, code etc) is appreciated.

The following paper is accepted for oral presentation at the
International Conference on Artificial Neural Networks ICANN-91 in
Helsinki, Finland, June 24-28, 1991

  A QUERY-REPLY SYSTEM BASED ON A RECURRENT BAYESIAN NEURAL NETWORK

	  Magnus Stensmo, Anders Lansner, and Bj\"orn Levin

		 Studies of Artificial Neural Systems
	Department of Numerical Analysis and Computing Science
      Royal Institute of Technology, S-100 44 Stockholm, Sweden

			       Abstract

A query-reply system based on a fully-connected recurrent Bayesian
neural network is presented.  A database describing the classes to
classify and their attributes is loaded onto the network. Each
attribute and class are coded using two network units, where one unit
represents the existence of an attribute or class and the other its
non-existence. Initially the system asks about the property it is most
undetermined about. After a while a hypothesis is formed and a
verifying question phase is entered.  Inconsistencies in user input
are detected and corrected.

The paper is available using anonymous ftp from thalamus.sans.kth.se
as pub/ms-icann91.ps.Z

If this fails please send me mail or e-mail and I will post it to you.
Please try ftp first as stamps are expensive to us.

Magnus Stensmo                                                   ms@sans.kth.se
Dept. of Numerical Analysis and Computing Science          ms%sans@sekth.bitnet
Royal Institute of Technology                             Phone: +46 8 790 6908
S-100 44 Stockholm, Sweden                                  Fax: +46 8 790 0930