[comp.ai.neural-nets] help.............

jmm@CS.UOREGON.EDU (11/10/89)

Hello,

I am doing research on the Competitive Learning model,
and could use some help with sources.

In particular, I am having trouble finding a definitive
description of Grossberg et al's Adaptive Resonance Theory from
the computer simulation point of view.

Any help would be apreciated.

Thank you in advance,

			malcolm

J. Malcolm Manness                       jmm@cs.uoregon.edu
P.O. Box 10474
Eugene, OR.  97440

(503) 683-5555

etad@levels.sait.edu.au (09/21/90)

In article <1990Sep14.050311.10050@monu6.cc.monash.edu.au>, sci240s@monu6.cc.monash.edu.au (mr  w.j. ho) writes:

> Is there anybody out there know where was this paper published ?
> "AN INTRODUCTION TO ARTIFICIAL NEURAL NETWORKS"
> KRL Godfrey, Y Attikiouzel
> p.164-174

Most likely, the paper is a part of written materials for the "Neural
Networks Workshop" offered by K. Godfrey and Y. Attikiouzel. I do not
know their network addresses, but you can find them at the Department
of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, The University of Western
Australia, NEEDLANDS, 6009, WA.

Dr. Yanni Attikiouzel                   Mr. Keith Godfrey
(Head of Department)                    ph. (09) 380 3197
ph. (09) 380 3134

                Telex: AA92992
                Fax:   (09) 386 7936

With regards,
		Arek Dadej (Digital Communications Group, S.A.I.T.)

zzhao@ese.essex.ac.uk (Zuqiang Zhao (5n.7.11)) (11/15/90)

Due to the breakdown of our mail machine, I was not able to read articles
1787-1822 in this group. Can someone mail me a copy? By the way, how can I
get a copy of certain articles posted long time ago? Your help will be greatly
appreciated.

dare@caen.engin.umich.edu (Dariusz Ceglarek) (12/08/90)

Hi Neters,
	I am just beginning learning about neural nets.
Could anybody send me a simple example program usin gneural nets algorithm
in C language (for instance 3-class least square minimum distance
classifier).
                 Thanks in advance,
                         Darek
.

rodney@merkur.gtc.de (Rodney Volz) (12/19/90)

In article <1990Dec7.193509.8228@engin.umich.edu> dare@caen.engin.umich.edu
(Dariusz Ceglarek) writes:
(Sender was: news@engin.umich.edu)
> Hi Neters,
> 	I am just beginning learning about neural nets.
> Could anybody send me a simple example program usin gneural nets algorithm
> in C language (for instance 3-class least square minimum distance
> classifier).

PLEASE post this to the net. I think there are not just two people
interessted in these sources. If they're not too long, it should be
tolerable to have them posted to this newsgroup.

Thanks,
-Rod
--
                     Rodney Volz - 7000 Stuttgart 1 - FRG
 ============> ...uunet!mcsun!unido!gtc!aragon!merkur!rodney <=============

hshi@violet.uwaterloo.ca (Hanmao Shi) (02/17/91)

Hi,
I am a beginner. Can anyone give me a list of references so that I can get
an overview in this filed. In particular, I want to know of using computational
complexity theory to study various models. Thanks.
hshi@violet.uwaterloo.ca

tskelly@ccvax.ucd.ie (03/01/91)

I'm trying to locate Dr. Leslie M. Goldschlager.
I'm afraid I don't know a lot about him except that he was in
Stanford University on sabbatical from Baser Dept. of Computer Science,
University of Sydney, Australia in 1984. At that time he wrote a paper
titled "A Computational Theory of Higher Brain Function".
I would like to talk to him in connection with this paper and, in fact,
I would like to talk to anyone who has read this paper and is doing work
along the same lines.

If anyone could give Dr. Goldschlager's E-Mail address or even a postal
address I'd be extremely grateful! (incidently, I'm only assuming that
he is a Doctor. I don't even know that for sure!)

Replies to TSKELLY@CCVAX.UCD.IE.
Thanks, in advance.

Stephen Kelly
Dept. of Computer Science,
University College Dublin,
Belfield,
Dublin 4,
Ireland.

kehagias@robios.eng.yale.edu (Thanasis Kehagias) (03/03/91)

testing ...

tskelly@ccvax.ucd.ie (03/06/91)

I have received quite a few replies in my quest for Dr. Leslie M. Goldschlager!
Thanks a million to all who helped!

Incidently, I would still be interested in any comments on his paper

	"A Computational Theory of Higher Brain Function"

A report from the Dept. of Computer Science, Stanford University, 1984
No. STAN-CS-84-1004.

And anyone who is in the field of AI, but hasn't read it, I'm sure
would find it interesting.

Thanks again for the help,
Stephen Kelly

Dept. of Computer Science,
U.C.D,
Dublin 4,
Ireland.
TSKELLY@CCVAX.UCD.IE

pakst5@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Paul A Kwan) (05/30/91)

Could anyone tell me where I can find the following paper?

"An Analog MOS VLSI Implementation of Hopefield-like Neural Networks"
By : M. Ismail, N. Khachab

By the way, can anyone please email me any information about "backpercolation"?

Thanks.

email address : pakst5@apollo.gl.pitt.edu