[comp.ai.neural-nets] QUERY: Where do I get the Rochester Simulator?

annala@alhena.usc.edu (A. J. Annala) (06/05/91)

Please tell me who to contact or where to get an anonymous ftp copy of the
Rochester simulator.

Thanks, AJ

smagt@fwi.uva.nl (Patrick van der Smagt) (06/06/91)

annala@alhena.usc.edu (A. J. Annala) writes:

>Please tell me who to contact or where to get an anonymous ftp copy of the
>Rochester simulator.

Here's how.

							Patrick van der Smagt
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
HOW TO GET THE SIMULATOR DISTRIBUTION:

The Rochester Connectionist Simulator is available by anonymous FTP
from "cs.rochester.edu" (192.5.53.209) on the Internet, in the
directory "pub/simulator".  That directory contains the simulator
distribution, along with an archive of official patches.

Compressed files generally have a name ending in ".Z".
REMEMBER TO USE THE "TYPE TENEX" or "TYPE BINARY" COMMAND IN FTP WHEN
RETRIEVING COMPRESSED TAR FILES!!!

The simulator is too big to mail electronically, so please don't ask.

The same files are available to subscribers of UUNET's UUCP service.
They are stored in the directory ~uucp/pub/simulator.

If you are unable to obtain anonymous FTP or UUCP access to the simulator
distribution, you can still order a copy the old-fashioned way.  Send a
check for US$150 (payable to the University of Rochester) to:
	Peg Meeker
	Computer Science Department
	University of Rochester
	Rochester, NY  14627
	(USA)
You will, in return, receive a distribution tape and a 200-page manual.
PLEASE SPECIFY WHETHER YOU WANT:
	a 1600bpi 1/2" reel
OR	a QIC-24 (SUN) 1/4" cartridge.

If you have a PostScript printer, you should be able to produce
your own copy of the manual.  If you want a paper copy of the
manual anyway, send a check for US$10 per manual (payable to the
University of Rochester) to Peg Meeker at the above address.

We do not have the facilities for generating invoices, so payment is
required with any order.

or deletions, please send them to
	<simulator-request@cs.rochester.edu>

Please send BUG REPORTS to
	<simulator-bugs@cs.rochester.edu>
We are interested in fixing bugs, but can't make any promises!
Please make your bug reports as specific as possible.

If you have patches to send in, please use "diff -c OLD NEW" (not NEW OLD)
to generate them.

It will often be helpful to include the output from "make show"
if you have a problem that is at all related to your configuration.