[comp.ai.neural-nets] Introductory Chaos Articles ?

atk@cfm.brown.edu (Athanasios Kehagias) (06/25/91)

I am doing this for a friend. He wants to learn about chaos and his
point of view / interest in applications is time series. Does
anyone have a good review article / book to suggest? Connection with
neural nets is desirable but NOT necessary.

			Thanks

xwang@mathb.usc.edu (Xin Wang) (06/25/91)

In <1991Jun23.182812.27276@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu>, Athanasios Kehagias writes:

>I am doing this for a friend. He wants to learn about chaos and his
>point of view / interest in applications is time series. Does
>anyone have a good review article / book to suggest? Connection with
>neural nets is desirable but NOT necessary.

I would like to recommend a book, "Chaotic evolution and strange attractors:
the statistical analysis of time series for deterministic nonlinear systems",
by David Ruelle, Cambridge University Press, 1989 and references mentioned
therein.

-- Xin Wang