[comp.unix.ultrix] Compiling RN on Ultrix 2.0

mark@siemens.RUTGERS.EDU (Mark L Salandra) (10/09/87)

I have recently installed Ultrix 2.0 on our Vax 8650.
The news that comes with 2.0 is version 2.10.1.  On
our other machines we are running BSD 4.3 with 2.11
news.  Has anyone installed 2.11 news on there ultrix
2.0 system?  Also has anyone gotten rn to work?

I haven't had any luck recompiling 2.11 news on Ultrix
2.0.  Any help will be appreciated.

			Mark L. Salandra
			Siemens Research Labs.
			Princeton, New Jersey
			rutgers!princeton!siemens!mark

jeff@umbc3.umd.edu (Jeffrey Burgan) (10/14/87)

Reply-Path:

In article <8591@felix.UUCP> mark@siemens.RUTGERS.EDU (Mark L Salandra) writes:
>I have recently installed Ultrix 2.0 on our Vax 8650.
>The news that comes with 2.0 is version 2.10.1.  On
>our other machines we are running BSD 4.3 with 2.11
>news.  Has anyone installed 2.11 news on there ultrix
>2.0 system?  Also has anyone gotten rn to work?
>
>I haven't had any luck recompiling 2.11 news on Ultrix
>2.0.  Any help will be appreciated.

All I can say is I've been able to compile news 2.11 patch level 10 and
rn patch level 40 under 2.0. I didn't have any problems. If you can
get more specific about your problems, maybe we can be of more help.

Jeffrey Burgan
jeff@umbc3.umd.edu
University of Maryland

ramey@relief.UUCP (Joe Ramey) (10/14/87)

Reply-Path:

We have been running rn and news 2.11 on Ultrix 2.0 for quite some
time.  There is a slight problem in running the rn Configure script
on Ultrix; it thinks Ultrix supports TERMIO, but this causes problems.

To fix the problem, just edit config.h and change the
	#define TERMIO
	#undef TERMIO
and recompile.

Joe