[comp.unix.ultrix] ultrix 1.2 and rje software

ret@ptsfa.UUCP (10/16/87)

Reply-Path:

I have been talking with DEC about a remote job entry (RJE) software
package to run on a ULTRIX 1.2 operating system.  They are not sure
that there is such an animal and are investigting.

Does anyone else know of a source and approximate cost of such a
package.

Thanks for the help.
Bob Tracy
ptsfa!ret

jeff@uhccux.UUCP (Jeffrey Blomberg) (10/23/87)

Reply-Path:

In article <9563@felix.UUCP> ret@ptsfa.UUCP writes:
>I have been talking with DEC about a remote job entry (RJE) software
>package to run on a ULTRIX 1.2 operating system.  They are not sure
>that there is such an animal and are investigting.

	We have installed a product called COMBOARD from Software Results.
	The product consists of one board (plugs into a UNIBUS backplane)
	and several programs including a driver that must be installed into
	the Ultrix kernel.  It has worked quite well on our 8650 with Ultrix
	1.2. Not sure how easily it will port to 2.0.  I might also mention
	that it is connected to our IBM3081 via a 9600baud synchronous link
	using BSC/HASP protocol.

	Software Results 1-800-SRC-DATA.