[comp.unix.ultrix] UNIX->VMS mail

bwong@mickey.UUCP (10/26/87)

Reply-Path:

I am not sure that I understand the problem, but I was able to just
use the mail handle of SYSTEM::ACCOUNT and it went from the Ultrix to
the VMS machine.

Bradley Wong
Viratek, Inc.
UUCP: ucbvax!ucivax!mickey!bwong

pete@tsc.DEC.COM (Pete Schmitt) (10/27/87)

Reply-Path:

In article <10363@felix.UUCP>, bwong@mickey.UUCP writes:
> I am not sure that I understand the problem, but I was able to just
> use the mail handle of SYSTEM::ACCOUNT and it went from the Ultrix to
> the VMS machine.

That is the way it is supposed to work to a VMS machine over DECnet.
If you run ps xa after you send the mail you will see that mail11
actually sends the mail over DECnet.

--
            \\\!///		From:   Pete Schmitt
             _   _ 		UUCP:   allegra!decwrl!tsc.dec.com!pete

bwong@mickey.UUCP (10/29/87)

Reply-Path:

> If you run ps xa after you send the mail you will see that mail11
> actually sends the mail over DECnet.

I know that mail11 sends it (I figured that out from checking sendmail.cf).
I guess that I do not understand what their problem is after all.

/b