[comp.unix.ultrix] Moving Ultrix features to System V

gdare@cuee3b.ee.columbia.edu (Gary Dare) (03/01/88)

We're running AT&T System V on a 3B20 and wondering if anybody has
tried to enhance their Sys V with the BSD features in their Ultrix.
As much as I hate to look naive, I am afraid that we have an old copy
of Sys V on our hands and need to put some pep into it.

Actually, if you have any thoughts on Sys V or the AT&T computers,
RSVP and your opinion/info will be greatly appreciated.

Gary L. Dare

gdare@cuee3b.ee.columbia.edu

"You can't always get what you want" - Jagger-Richards

pete@tsc.DEC.COM (Pete Schmitt) (03/03/88)

In article <23259@felix.UUCP>, gdare@cuee3b.ee.columbia.edu (Gary Dare) writes:
> Actually, if you have any thoughts on Sys V or the AT&T computers,
> RSVP and your opinion/info will be greatly appreciated.

AT&T just announced release 4 for 3Bs which is supposed to have alot of BSD
enhancements.  Call your local AT&T dealer.

--
' )  )   _/_        /\       /            _/_ _/_   Pete Schmitt