[comp.unix.ultrix] DECnet on Ultrix 2.0

lubich@ethz.UUCP (Hannes Lubich) (04/22/88)

Hi there,
I've just installed DECnet on a uVaxII running Ultrix2.0.
As a first result the machine boots up fine and runs quite
happily for about 30 minutes.
Afterwards I get a trap type 9, code 18 and panic: protection fault.
Did anything similar happen to somebody else?
Thanks
	--HaL

beadel@oswego.UUCP (05/04/88)

In article <31578@felix.UUCP> lubich@ethz.UUCP (Hannes Lubich) writes:

>I've just installed DECnet on a uVaxII running Ultrix2.0.
>Afterwards I get a trap type 9, code 18 and panic: protection fault.
>Did anything similar happen to somebody else?

Not here. We put up ULTRIX 2.0/w DECnet ULTRIX last Fall. It ran fine up
untill last month when we installed ULTRIX 2.2 and DECnet ULTRIX. Now
the new version is also running OK. The hardware list is uVAX-II and
a VAX-11/750.
	-ed

--
Edward F. Beadel, Jr., Assistant Director
Instructional Computing Center