[comp.unix.ultrix] TALK on Ultrix-32 V2.2

jaya@CPSVAX.CPS.MSU.EDU (Jayashree Ramanathan) (08/26/88)

We recently ported Ultrix-32 V2.2 onto our VAX8600. We find that "talk"
does not work between our system and SUNS when "talk" is initiated by
the SUN ( works if it is initiated by VAX ). Has anyone else faced this
problem. Any fix would be welcome.

Thanks,

Jayashree

awpsys@ultb.UUCP (Andrew W. Potter) (09/06/88)

In article <55495@felix.UUCP> jaya@CPSVAX.CPS.MSU.EDU (Jayashree Ramanathan) writes:

>We recently ported Ultrix-32 V2.2 onto our VAX8600. We find that "talk"
>does not work between our system and SUNS when "talk" is initiated by
>the SUN ( works if it is initiated by VAX ).

This happened to us when we upgraded to 2.2  Make sure talk can read the
file /etc/ttys.

- Andy
--
Andrew W. Potter                         Email: awpsys@ritvax.BITNET