[comp.unix.ultrix] Utrix 3.0 tapes

rmyers@net1.ucsd.edu (Robert Myers) (03/07/89)

Does anyone out there in UCSD land have the Ultrix 3.0 tapes yet?
We are having a hard time getting any from DEC.  We've heard that
it is perfectly legal to lend tapes to other UC people for
copying purposes.  Would anyone who does have the tapes be willing
to do that for us?

Please note that this account was given to us by the OAC.  "We" are
actually a research lab in the VA Hospital.  We have a VAXstation
II/GPX, and it would really appreciate a shiny new operating system.

Please send any replies to this account.

Thanks,

rmyers@net1

barnett@vdsvax.UUCP (Bruce Barnett) (03/22/89)

In article <85765@felix.UUCP>, rmyers@net1 (Robert Myers) writes:

>Does anyone out there in UCSD land have the Ultrix 3.0 tapes yet?

We have them. Be aware of a bug in ed. I found it while re-installing
USENET.

The ed command
	s/a/a\/b/ (which changes a to a/b)
does not work.

I grabbed an earlier version.

If you patch or update files, and see ed errors (which consist of a single ?),
you should retreive a working version before you procede.

--
	Bruce G. Barnett 	barnett@ge-crd.ARPA, barnett@steinmetz.ge.com
				uunet!steinmetz!barnett