[comp.unix.ultrix] Remote Mounts

peyton@hplabs.UUCP (03/22/89)

Does anyone know why I am getting the following error message when I try to
remotely mount an ultrix 2.3 file system from a Sun ? The message appears
on the ultrix console.

NFS Server: unexported fs(9,7) file 2, gettattr, client address = 128.60.2.112

The /etc/exports file contains:

/usr/csr             nrl-css.arpa

and the /etc/fstab file contains:

/dev/ra0a:/:rw:1:1:ufs::
/dev/ra0g:/usr:rw:1:2:ufs::
/dev/ra0h:/usr/csr:rw:1:3:ufs::

The mount command that I am executing on the sun is

mount -v -t nfs csr:/usr/csr /usr/csr

Please send replies to peyton@itd.nrl.navy.mil

Thanks.

treese@crltrx.crl.dec.com (Win Treese) (03/25/89)

In article <88365@felix.UUCP> peyton@hplabs.UUCP writes:

>Does anyone know why I am getting the following error message when I try to
>remotely mount an ultrix 2.3 file system from a Sun ? The message appears
>on the ultrix console.
>
>NFS Server: unexported fs(9,7) file 2, gettattr, client address = 128.60.2.112

What is the first host name listed in /etc/hosts on the Ultrix machine for
that address?  If it isn't nrl-css.arpa (all lower-case), then the Ultrix
server fails when it tries to compare the hostname associated with that
address to the one listed in /etc/exports.

Win Treese						Cambridge Research Lab
treese@crl.dec.com					Digital Equipment Corp.