[comp.unix.ultrix] Can't get Zmodem working on Ultrix!

nanook@novavax.UUCP (Keith Dickinson) (03/22/89)

I'm trying to get the Zmodem file transfer protocol working on a Vax
machine. We are running Ultrix over a DECnet setup.

Every time I initiate a file transfer, everything looks like its working
ok, but then (for some reason) the protocol times out. Aparrently
(don't ask me why) something is screwing up the header packetts.

I've set up the decnet for "passall", x-on/off support, and any other
bells and whistles I could find... I'm at my wits end!

If you have any suggestions I'd appreciate it!

Keith Dickinson
--
          __     Fidonet : 369/2 [(305) 421-8593] Brave New World South
         /  \    Internet: nanook@muadib.FIDONET.ORG

davidsen@steinmetz.ge.com (Wm. E. Davidsen Jr) (03/25/89)

I got this working, but of course I can't find a note on it... I
actually think I turned xon/xoff *off* for some reason. I was getting
hangs because an xoff came from somewhere and the xon got lost as I
recall. If you have it on you need it on both ends, obviously.
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu@crd.GE.COM)

raw@ushiva.UUCP (Roland Wilcher) (03/26/89)

In article <88323@felix.UUCP> nanook@novavax.UUCP (Keith Dickinson) writes:

>I'm trying to get the Zmodem file transfer protocol working on a Vax
>machine. We are running Ultrix over a DECnet setup.
>
>Every time I initiate a file transfer, everything looks like its working
>ok, but then (for some reason) the protocol times out. Aparrently
>(don't ask me why) something is screwing up the header packetts.

I had this problem with zmodem also under System V and Utrix.
When using sz using -l 256 or -l 512 seemed to eliminate the problem.

---
"If aint broke, don't fix it"                        raw@neologic%hal.crwu.edu
-Bert lance                                              raw@ushiva.ncoast.org
                                                             Roland A. Wilcher