[comp.unix.ultrix] Trailblazer modems on ULTRIX.

kinley@bond.crim.ca (Darren Kinley) (03/22/89)

Hello,

	I am desperately seeking information concerning TELEBIT Trailblazer
modem and how to connect this modem to an ULTRIX 2.2  machine. I have
successfully placed 1200 and 2400 calls using tip but have not been able to
answer any calls. The local unix wizard tells me that the getty which is
on the Telebits port is talking to the modem at 19200 as configured, but
once a connection is established, the speed of the line drops to 1200 baud
regardless of the speed at which the connection is made. If anyone can
offer any usefull information it would be greatly appreciated. Also, any
insight as to why and who is resetting the speed of the tty line.

Thank-you
Darren Kinley
kinley@crim.ca

In article <88318@felix.UUCP> kinley@bond.crim.ca (Darren Kinley) writes:

> 	I am desperately seeking information concerning TELEBIT Trailblazer
> modem and how to connect this modem to an ULTRIX 2.2  machine. I have
> successfully placed 1200 and 2400 calls using tip but have not been able to
> answer any calls. The local unix wizard tells me that the getty which is
> on the Telebits port is talking to the modem at 19200 as configured, but
> once a connection is established, the speed of the line drops to 1200 baud
> regardless of the speed at which the connection is made. If anyone can
> offer any usefull information it would be greatly appreciated. Also, any
> insight as to why and who is resetting the speed of the tty line.

There are two basic modes of setting up the trailblazer.  The simple way
requires "locking the interface rate" by setting some of those S-registers
described in the manual.  This is probably what you need to do.  You can
also allow the trailblazer to switch baud rates, but then you must use
breaks and whatnot to cycle though the speed tables.  You probably don't
need this form of self abuse.