[comp.unix.ultrix] DEC 3100 drive question???

avolio@decuac.dec.com (Frederick M. Avolio) (04/25/89)

In article <JWG1.89Apr24142605@bunny.gte.com>, jwg1@bunny.gte.com (James W. Gish) writes:

> According to our local DEC salesman, there are currently no third
> party drives available for the 3100, i.e., you might call it
> pseudo-SCSI.

Of course this is not true.  Or maybe you were tongue-in-cheek?  You just
need to find a SCSI drive that sticks to the specs.  We've run quite
a few different company's SCSI devices.  There was a discussion of
this in comp.unix.ultrix a while back.  Perhaps someone who saved the info
could send it to you?  I am cross-posting this reply to there.

I am not in the above recommending nor guaranteeing nor suggesting any
non-Digital SCSI interface.  Nor am I writing for Digital.

Fred