[comp.unix.ultrix] setld

rusty@GARNET.BERKELEY.EDU (04/26/89)

Today I ran the command

	setld / -a ultf77030

This ran and said that it installed and verified ULTF77030.  The
output of "df" also showed some disk space used.  Then I ran "setld
-i" but it didn't show anything new had been installed.  Then I
noticed that I should have typed ulxf77030 instead of ultf77030.

What is this ultf77030 stuff that I installed?  Why didn't "setld -i"
show it?  This is on a system with only 1 rd53 and they are tight for
space; can I remove this zombie ultf77030 subset?

In article <8904252028.AA03589@garnet.berkeley.edu> rusty@GARNET.BERKELEY.EDU writes:
> This ran and said that it installed and verified ULTF77030.  The
> output of "df" also showed some disk space used.  Then I ran "setld
> -i" but it didn't show anything new had been installed.  Then I
> noticed that I should have typed ulxf77030 instead of ultf77030.
>
> What is this ultf77030 stuff that I installed?  Why didn't "setld -i"
> show it?  This is on a system with only 1 rd53 and they are tight for
> space; can I remove this zombie ultf77030 subset?

As far as I know, ultf77 is the compiler and libraries and ulxf77 is
the toys like ratfor and efl.  Here's the breakdown from the 2.2 tapes,
I can't say if/how it might have changed in 3.0.

ULTF77022:
ULTRIX-32 V2.2 ULTF77022
Fortran-77 Development Package
usr/ucb/fsplit
usr/ucb/fpr
usr/lib/libU77.a
usr/lib/libI77.a
usr/lib/libF77.a
usr/lib/f77pass1
usr/bin/f77

ULXF77022:
ULTRIX-32 UNSUPPORTED SUBSETS V2.2 ULXF77022
Unsupported Fortran Utilities
usr/lib/struct/structure
usr/lib/struct/beautify
usr/lib/struct