[net.micro] Public domain UCSD p-systems

graeme@cheviot.uucp (Graeme Dixon) (07/31/85)

Does anyone know which releases (if any) of the UCSD p-system are
currently in the public domain.

I heard anything before release 2 probably was, can anyone confirm or
deny this?

--

Graeme Dixon -
  Computing Laboratory, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK

  ARPA  : graeme%cheviot.newcastle.ac.uk@ucl-cs.arpa
  JANET : graeme@uk.ac.newcastle.cheviot
  UUCP  : <UK>!ukc!cheviot!graeme

dick@ucsfcca.UUCP (Dick Karpinski) (08/04/85)

In article <408@cheviot.uucp> graeme@cheviot.UUCP (Graeme Dixon) writes:
>Does anyone know which releases (if any) of the UCSD p-system are
>currently in the public domain.
>
>I heard anything before release 2 probably was, can anyone confirm or
>deny this?

My recollection is that I.3 is in the public domain, I.4 is in some
question, and I.5 and later are definitely not public domain.

Probably the easiest way to get the I.3 sources is by joining the
UCSD Pascal System Users Society.  Their library, available from
various distributers in various formats of floppy, contains the
sources.  They also have a sig (MUSUS) on Compuserve.  Contact
USUS first at P.O. Box 1148, La Jolla, CA 92038.

Dick

--
Dick Karpinski    Manager of Unix Services, UCSF Computer Center
UUCP: ...!ucbvax!ucsfcgl!cca.ucsf!dick   (415) 666-4529 (12-7)