[comp.unix.ultrix] MIPS assembler manual?

mitch@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Mitch Collinsworth) (05/26/89)

I've given this question to various people in our local sales office and
they all say they don't know but they'll check into it.  None have called
back yet (it's been weeks) so maybe I can get an answer here.

We have a bunch of DECstation 3100s but no manuals yet because our sales
people had the wrong part numbers or else misinterpreted the numbers they
did have when we placed the order.  One of our programmers needs to get
his hands on an assembler manual for these critters.  My question is
simple (at least it should be).  Is the assembler manual included in the
doc set?  If not, can it be ordered seperately, and if so what is the
part number?  If not, is there any other way to get it?

Thanks in advance for any leads.

-Mitch Collinsworth
 mitch@squid.tn.cornell.edu

sboyle@mbunix.mitre.org (Stephen V. Boyle) (05/30/89)

In article <8046@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu> mitch@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Mitch Collinsworth) writes:
>One of our programmers needs to get his hands on an assembler manual for these
>critters.

I don't remember seeing anything like an assembler manual in our doc. set for
the DS3100, but there's a general MIPS architecture/assembler manual available
for the R2000/R2010 and R3000/R3010.

    "MIPS RISC Architecture", Gerry Kane, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs,
     N.J., 1988

I've seen this around in the local computer bookstores - it seems to be fairly
common. It's on the level of the old Motorola MC68000 reference; i.e., general
discussion of the architecture with an instruction reference for the processor
and the FPU. I don't know if the this is authoritative with respect to the
DS3100, but it's a start.

-----
Steve Boyle		The MITRE Corporation
sboyle@mitre.org	Burlington Road