[comp.unix.ultrix] curses vs lower right corner

chris@mimsy.UUCP (Chris Torek) (06/21/89)

In article <776@gumby.cc.wmich.edu> peirce@gumby.cc.wmich.edu (Leonard
J. Peirce) writes:
>Something else that I have noticed with curses under 3.0 is the inability
>write in the last cell (bottom right-hand corner) of the screen.  Writing
>to it doesn't cause any problems; it just isn't displayed.  Perhaps a
>boundary condition in the curses code is incorrect.

This is a Feature.

Writing in the last position often causes the screen to scroll.  This
would result in the top line vanishing, except on some very peculiar
terminals.  It is far easier to let the one character vanish than to
handle this correctly (as there are far too many ways it can go wrong).