[comp.unix.ultrix] uwm and DECwindows on DECstation 3100

hagan@hagan.dccs.upenn.edu (John Dotts Hagan) (07/06/89)

I am about to lose my mind!  I hope someone has a fix for this...

I am not using the DECwindows-supplied window manager (dxwm) - I figure that
since it was not accepted as the standard by OSF, I will wait for the next
version to convert from what I am used to - which is MIT uwm.

I am using the uwm that came with UWS 2.0 (Ultrix 3.0), and everything is
mostly fine.  However, I have the Compose Character key set to be the meta
key (the default, I believe), and quite often after I have used it to move
a particular window, it eats the next two characters I try and type in the
window (like and xterm).

Does anyone know how to allow uwm to completely kill the Compose Character
function and use the key as just a meta key?

--Kid.

In article <12635@netnews.upenn.edu> hagan@hagan.dccs.upenn.edu (John Dotts Hagan) writes:
>I am about to lose my mind!  I hope someone has a fix for this...

   .
   .
   .

>Does anyone know how to allow uwm to completely kill the Compose Character
>function and use the key as just a meta key?

Argh!  I let this mail out as it was!  Big mistake!

Please send any ideas for killing the compose character of doom to me at
Hagan@DCCS.UPENN.EDU - the previous message I sent has a bogus reply-to
address.

I have a DECstation 3100, and its out of control...

--Kid.